It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2004, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

lasalla22 HB User
Anybody else afraid of being mugged/raped/.....

I have had constant worries of being mugged when I go running in the morning. I look around me and think that any guy could just abduct me when I am there. I alwasy bring a cell with me in case I need to call 911. And when I asleep at night I keep my phone near me in case someone breaks in and I will call the cops. I am just afraid of being mugged or raped or having things like that happen to me. I don't like going anywhere alone cuz I never know what could happen. This never even crossed my mind when I didn't have anxiety disorder a year ago. This sucks I am also scared when I hear planes fly close to my house because I am afraid that we are getting bombed by terroroists...my anxiety is outa control. Will meds help with these problems?

Old 09-30-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
(female)

dinobites HB User
Re: Anybody else afraid of being mugged/raped/.....

My fear is someone breaking into my house. I think about it every single night. I always sleep with the cell near my bed, and always go over my excape plan in my head. I recently started Prozac for depression, and I have noticed that I don't worry as intensely anymore. I used to be very frightened if my husband wasn't home with me at night and I'd always carry the cell and a big knife around the house with me. Since I started the prozac I can relax more when he's not home at night. I know my fear is not completely irrational, but I now realize that someone breaking in is unlikely, and I don't have to obsess about it. Anyway, I'd talk to your DR about it. Medication or counseling could help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

I expece everyone needs to be a bit afraid in order to stay alive, if the fears are inapropriate or excessive then this is a problem

an antidepressant such as prozac often calms people and helps with excessive irrational fears

more exercise also calms people, so does house cleaning, an old fashioned remedy which is still surprisingly helpful, I always feel more relaxed after I clean my house

Old 10-02-2004, 05:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

A really big Doberman or German Shepherd Dog might help too

I hope you find relief soon. I tell you I have anxiety about that too at times...I started taking a flower essence by Bach which is called Mimulus which is supposed to bring courage and calm in the face of things that frighten you...as well Rock Rose is one that brings calm in the face of intense fear. My homeopath suggested I take them for a health issue I have been facing but the funny thing is the last time my husband was gone a couple nights I slept better than I ever have. I woke up on the second morning wondering what was different then I remember I have been taking the Bach flower essences.

Might be worth a try. You just mix four drops with a little water and drink or drop two drops directly on your tongue.

You can find this whole line of flower essences at your Health Food Store. They might seem way out there but let me tell you they work for me. No side affects.

They also have a product called Rescue Remedy which is premixed and consists of a few target flower essences for general anxiety.

I hope you get over this fear. I know it can really be a menace to good sleep and health.

-ncgirl88

Closed Thread