It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
(female)

lilsea HB User
Worried, rape victim

Please help
I was raped about a month ago, amazingly enough my rapist wore a condom and did not get to fully rape me because someone knocked on the door and he ran away. 2 days letter i got a very high fever that lasted several days. I treated this with antibiotics but now i'm terrified this fever and sore throat, what i thought was the flu may be something else...
Is 2 days too soon to develop a fever,
does that fact that i was a virgin raise my chances
i am getting tested soon but it still hasn't been 3 months, how much comfort can i find in my test if it will be my 25th day after my rape.
Please help!

Old 03-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
(female)

Marblehead HB User
Re: Worried, rape victim

If he wore a condom then you really have no risk at all. Especially if he didn't finish. It definately doesn't hurt to get tested though...just for your own peace of mind. I'm sorry you had to go through that. The sore throat and other symptoms you mentioned are most likely not even related the rape. I would not worry that you contracted HIV from this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
(female)

lilsea HB User

thank you so much for your kind words.
So if a male doesn't finish the risk is lowered?
i have been a total mess, worrying about this, i get tested tomorrow its only been 25 days so i know its soon but i'm freaking out.

Please any advice would be great, and thanks again for responding : )

Old 03-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #4
(female)

MsPeace HB User

Hi Lilsea,

I'm sorry to hear of your rape. It is true that your chances of contracting the HIV virus are EXTREMELY low since this man wore a condom and did not climax. The condom protected you from any fluid exchange. You should not worry about contracting the virus. I hope you never have to deal with a rapist again...but just so you know, (and tell your friends also) that if you are raped and you are unsure if the rapist has HIV, you can go to the hospital and receive drugs that will help prevent your body from HIV infection even if you were exposed. Also, if you feel like you need to talk about the rape, there are many free rape crisis centers that offer individual and group counseling. They also have 24 hotlines.

Take care Lilsea.

Last edited by MsPeace; 03-03-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:44 AM   #5

pillzpillzpillz HB User

I am SO SORRY to hear this happened to you and not to mention, you were a virgin to top it off! What a terrible experience for your first time. That *******. Anyway sweetie, I am glad he wore a condom - obvioulsy the sick ******* was protecting himself as he wasn't thinking about anyone but HIMSELF - rape is a very brutal, selfish controlling act. I am sure you are fine sweetie. I wish a full, speedy recovery for you and soon this will become a distant memory.

-Pillz

Old 03-05-2005, 01:19 AM   #6
(female)

lilsea HB User

Thank you so very much for your kind words, all of you give me hope for the goodness in people. I tested negative today, still early and I need to go back in 2 months, but for now i can breath better...Thank you again for your warm and kind words I wish you all the very best

Old 03-06-2005, 01:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

lost spirit HB User

I hope the very best for you and I will cretainly pray for you please make sure to get for all (STDs) and make sure you're safe at all angles . If he wore a condom and it didn't break you should be fine . Its terrable what happend to you and God willing physicaly you're body will be safe . Mentaly I hope you're healing also from such a tramatic experiance ...........
Keep fighting .........
In good health ............
........... Lost spirit ..............

Closed Thread