It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

scaredhelp1087 HB User
Angry was raped and found blister, please help i'm scared to death )o:

i was raped about a month ago.. and a week ago i noticed a blister on my vagina. i was devastated and i went straight to a planned parenthood the next day to have it checked out, but by that time, the blister was gone and the lady told me it didn't look like it had been from herpes. she did other STI tests and i'm supposed to get the results in a few days. but i'm going crazy because now i'm experiencing itching and slight pain, and i noticed a scab on my bikini line today. i looked with a mirror and it looks like i have abnormal red bumps by the lips and i'm just so scared and upset i'm praying that it's something other than herpes or something not serious but i feel like there's no other explanation. i hate the guy who's done this to me because i haven't had any other sexual partners and i don't know what to do someone please just tell me that it might not be an STI and there's a chance that i'll be okay. i know it wouldn't be the end of the world but this isn't fair and i'm scared to death. what is wrong with me? please help, thanks in advance for any opinions!

Last edited by scaredhelp1087; 07-07-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User
Re: was raped and found blister, please help i'm scared to death )o:

((hugs)) I'm so, so sorry you've gone through this. Are you getting counseling? If not, please consider doing so. It can make all the difference in the world.

As for the blister, if it went away overnight, I can almost guarantee it's not herpes. As for the rash, it could be from shaving, irritation, sweating, an infection, you name it. Don't jump to conclusions. You'll be fine :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

scaredhelp1087 HB User

i was thinking of going and getting counseling today actually. i got really upset last night- i hate not knowing what the problem is. i'd like to think it's a rash but what about the scab on my bikini line =/

Old 07-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

It's said that after about 6 - 8 weeks it's fine to get one of those type specific herpes blood tests which shows up whether you have type 1 or 2. General std tests don't test for herpes as herpes is a seperate test which you need to request. As for your sores, once they dry up a bit, its difficult to do a swab as they need the fluids from the sore to culture so that they can see what it is you have. If you get another sore, you need to get it cultured asap.

As for the guy who did this, have you been able to report this to the police? It's normal to feel anger or a range of other emotions. Have you been able to talk about this to family/friends/counsellor? I'm not experienced in this field, but from what i've heard and read about this, most people do need to talk about it with somebody as it's not something you can deal with all on your own. Please take care and get help if you feel you cant deal with it, don't feel you have to suffer alone. You have every right to be angry with this person as nobody should have to go through such a thing.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #5
(female)

scaredhelp1087 HB User

i didn't report it to the police because i waited too long and i'm scared of what he'll do... i recently went to a counselor and i think it's helping? my main concern now is just what's wrong down there... =/

Closed Thread