It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
(male)

thompsonator HB User
Exclamation Statutory Rape?

Ok, I was wanting to know if any knows anything about sexual intercourse age limitations. Someone at the age of 15 years old and I am 18 yrs. Is there a problem with intercourse beings she is only 15. Would that be considered statutory rape? If it would be considered statutory rape would oral sex be ok. Or would I be better of with no sexual contact at all.

PLZ Help!

Old 06-02-2006, 04:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NitroChic HB User
Re: Statutory Rape?

Legaly, it is statutory rape. Any type of sexual contact with a 15 year old if you are 18 is a punishable offense....Is it really worth becoming a lifelong sex offender?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

tex5k HB User

It may vary in some states. But I would say, find someone older!
And I'm sure oral sex would not be okay either. Yes, you would be much better off with no sexual contact at all!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Find out what the age of consent in your state is, and take it from there. If she is nearly 16, which may be the age of consent there as it is here in the UK then a short wait will not hurt either of you. If she is just 15, then it will be a longer wait which you will have to bear. It really is not a good thing to have sex with a minor, especially as you clearly know it could be wrong.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

It's a sticky situation...my husband and I are 2 1/2 years apart...as an adult, it's no big deal, but at this age, legally it's taboo. You should stear clear of it. You could risk everything...I have a friend who is now a registered sex offender because although it was consentual, she was considered too young....it was this age gap exactly and sex is sex...oral or otherwise.

You may not want to hear it. You may be or think you're in love with her...if you're definitely not in love with her....DO NOT RISK IT!!!!! If you're truly in love, wait. It's a life long decision you're making here. And it doesn't have to be her parents who push the issue...it could be a friend, a relative, neighbor, school counselor, or worse...her for that matter. If you tick her off, she can scream rape and there's nothing you can do about it because of her age.

I am not saying she would do that, but you never know.

You can look up the age gap in your state or call the police department like I did. I didn't know how to find the laws, so I called the local p.d. and asked them what the age difference was. In Utah, I was told if he was more than 3 years older than me, it would be a problem if it was brought to their attention.

Ask yourself one question...is it worth having your name, address, picture, type of vehicles you drive, etc listed on the web for anyone to see. And many times it doesn't list the offense, so many will assume you're a pedophile and you're setting yourself up for a world of hurt, litterally.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Regardless, 15 is still on the young side to start having sex. She is too young to know what she really wants, so please hold off. I know very few women who started having sex at a young age who did not later have regrets about starting so soon. Let her grow up a bit more.

Closed Thread