It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #1
(female)

lied276 HB User
Re: Statutory Rape?

I am 30 years old, and I had this guy living with me, because his mother kicked him out. He had told us all that he was 18 almost 19, and him and I began to talk. We got into it, he hit me... the police came and I found out he is 16 wont be 17 till March. What could happen? I have witnesses stating that he told me he was 18, and he also told everyone else. I'm scared and don't really know what to think or do. Give me some advice.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Hey lied276-
You didn't exactly state whether or not the two of you actually had sex, but I guess since you are asking about statutory rape, the two of you did? If so, it all depends on your state's laws concerning legal/consenting age. I don't really know what to tell you other than try and find out what the age of consent is.

If this becomes an issue, then you can let them know he told you he was 18, but if I understand correctly, they pretty much say that ignorance is no excuse. I'm not saying you are ignorant, please don't take it that way. Basically, law enforcement can pretty much tell you that as an adult, it's your responsibility to be absolutely sure what their age is before becoming sexually intimate with someone.

This guy had no right to put his hands on you either, regardless of his age. Also, if his parents made him leave because he wasn't "living right", then his character could come into question which would maybe help your cause.

I'm no lawyer, so I can't really tell you what to do. I do hope this will all work out for the best though. Please do keep us posted.

Last edited by ozzybug; 02-12-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

You're caught with a 16 years old having sex....Yep!--you're in trouble.

But, if you say something like:
" he's my nephew"--then your safe

My husband was is 15 years older then me.(kind of similar to your situation) except we meet when I was 20 years old(he was 35 years old)

I can only imagine what you are going thru, right now. You really have to lie about these things. JUST don't get caught! in the process.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I don't think lying is the way to go at all! If they find out you've had sex, catching you lying about his relationship to you will only show that you're acting like a guilty person. BAD IDEA. You have about as good an excuse as you're going to get (he lied to you), but lying will only make you look guilty.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Grehound27 HB User

But, if you say something like:
" he's my nephew"--then your safe

this only applies in West Virginia or eastern Kentucky!! Seriously, don't think that would hold water in any state court!!

Dave

Old 02-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

well.........back to my earlier post

Been there...done that. For me............Lying do work. But.......I've never had to be in her situation. But, I guess..........this is just a whole different situation.

obviously............so many people here, thinking lying is wrong. But, this is just my opinion. It's really up to her....We don't even know if she lied her way out, or actually confess to the police.

What ever it is: Lets just hope she's okay.(wish I know what happen, to her)

Closed Thread