It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
(male)

Brandon00 HB User
I was raped

i dunno what to do. we were all at a friends house on poker night and i guess i drank way too much cuz i couldnt even see straight by the end of it.

couldnt drive afterwards so I passed out in a guest room... I woke laying on my stomach and my friend was trying to rape me. Anyways I was still pretty drunk and my head wasn't so clear. i tried to move away/stop him but most of my friends go to the gym alot so he was pretty strong and my muscles felt messed up like i was lifting and running too long. i was still pretty messed up. i told him to stop but obviously he didnt. i remember it hurt pretty bad. i passed out sometime after that and i cant remember anything from then until i passed out. when i woke up, my asscrack was slimy with a ton of lube and there was semen coming out of my anus. i feel pretty messed up and im freaking out about it. im not even gay and i don't know which friend did it or when. two of the friends are roomies and are straight (to my knowledge) but there were other guys there too. another friend and two guys who were friends of one of them. i dont think i can trust any of the guys since i dont know who did it... and now im really paranoid about getting some std or aids. what should i do?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-30-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Vulgar language is not allowed.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 AM   #2
(male)

tattman HB User
Re: I was raped

I would got to the police with all the info, yes this means the names and addresses of all you can remember who were there that night.
This actually sounds a lot like a date rape drug that you got as I think even half drunk you could have fought whom ever off.
So take your info to the police and be totally honest with them. And I hope for the best that you get a result from this as its sounds so bad. All the best and I hope you get them. Just remember don't take thing's into your own hands as it could only get worse for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User

Brandon I am sorry you had to go through with this!
I would also go to the police and to a doctor straight away. If I felt angry and frustrated and couldn't deal with what happened, I would also see a psychiatrist .
Good luck

Last edited by thaliak; 11-28-2007 at 04:16 AM.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

What a horrible experience.
You do need to go to the police. Whoever it was, and the semen will tell them who, needs to be stopped, before it happens to someone else.
You also need to go to a clinic, and get checked out for STDs.
Therapy now will avoid a whole lot of anger buildup later.
None of this was a reflection on you, except perhaps the drunkenness, and that is iffy. Lots of people get drunk and don't have terrible experiences like this...though it can leave you vulnerable.
Look yourself in the eye in the mirror, and tell yourself you will get through this.
Best of luck getting through this tough time. If there is anything we can do to help...let us know.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

one go to th epolice. a lot of male rape victims never go to the police because they are embarassed. Dont be. you did nothing wrong (besides getting very drunk).

This does not make you gay or less of a man. you are a victim of a serious crime. It might be good for you to go to talk to a counciler or religious leader to help you through the feelings you will be having.

You should also go to the doctor and get checked for STD's. you dont have to tell the doctor the details just say you had some unprotected sex and want to be tested for everything (make sure he adds the HIV test). HIV test are good enough now that within 2 weeks it can tell if you have been infected (more then likely you aren't).

Old 11-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

AZMan07 HB UserAZMan07 HB User

Brandon,
Directly walking into the police is not an easy thing to do for a man who has been raped. The longer you wait to do something, however, the less believable it will be. Ideally, a clinic or even ER asap after it happened would be best. The people there are trained to call specific police people also specifically trained. You don't say if you live in Reno/Tahoe or Vegas but these larger cities will have staff especially trained for this and they, in turn, contact the police for you. The smaller rural cities may not and your family physician would have to do. You are less likely to find any real sympathy or even police response from the rural Sheriff but things may have changed quite a bit since I lived in Northern Nevada.

Bottom line is, the confusion you feel now, if left to fester, will poison your mind. In addition to getting tested for HIV (usually twice over several months in a case like this), and reporting to the police, you need to seek counseling to help you sort through your feelings (A school counselor should also have training in this).

What everyone says above is true, you are not to blame. Once you get some counseling, it will be time to confront your perps and find out who your real friends are. This can be a very important step in moving forward with your life. It will not be easy but if you do not attempt to work through this, it may haunt you for a long, long time.

Please let us know the steps you take to help yourself heal.
BIG HUGS TO YOU BRANDON

Old 11-29-2007, 05:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

If you didn't get to the police before you washed, and by some miracle, you still have the tissues you wiped up with, they can get the DNA off of the tissues.

I agree, you are not gay. If you were gay, it would still be rape...just as it would be if the victim were a straight but unwilling girl.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

Time and evidence is extremely important right now. It can't be easy to go the police with this! Here's another alternitive. Get yourself checked out, then make a list of all who were at the house that night. Some one knows, but are not telling. Anyway, if it were me I would loose these friends and find knew ones, unless I knew for sure they had nothing to do with/knew of my attack. If you don't ever go to the cops with this, atleast make sure you are healthy and move on with your life.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

I agree.... please go to the Hospital ER or Clinic.
These people are professionals and will ask the right questions and call the police for you.
Also I agree if you washed but still have whatever you used to clean up bring it with you.
Please let us know what you decide. This is not something you can handel or live with, without help.
keil

Old 11-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #10
(female)

Denise41070 HB User

So sorry that this happened to you. I agree with all that told you to go to the police and to get checked by a doctor. I also think you should talk to a professional about the trauma you are going through. You are a victim and shouldn't feel weird about what happened. You have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. Take care

Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #11
(female)

Bluesy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattman View Post
I would got to the police with all the info, yes this means the names and addresses of all you can remember who were there that night.
This actually sounds a lot like a date rape drug that you got as I think even half drunk you could have fought whom ever off.
So take your info to the police and be totally honest with them. And I hope for the best that you get a result from this as its sounds so bad. All the best and I hope you get them. Just remember don't take thing's into your own hands as it could only get worse for you.
I agree! See the police asap. Also, stay away from those so-called friends. They are not friends at all! Best wishes!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

How are you doing? did you see the police or at least go to the hospital or your doctor to get checked out?
Keil

Closed Thread