It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
(female)

jillren21 HB User
kidnapped and raped

is there anyone out there that has been kidnapped and raped and has serious post traumatic stress disorder

Old 06-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: kidnapped and raped

Hello jill,

I am not going to say that I understand what you are going through.

This does not mean that I cannot care about my fellow human being and try to provide support and advice if and when I can.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-08-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
(female)

Phoenix777 HB User

hello jill

My ptsd came from just simply have a rape threat put over my life. Along with other violent threats. That went on for months. I think acctaully being raped is sooooo much worse though. Rape is a common reason to get PTSD. Doctors are disscovering it's not just war and natural dissasters that casue this illness. And they have so much more to learn I think. But the There are alot off people on this forum who were raped and now suffer from ptsd. How serious the ptsd is depends on the person though. Feel free to tell us more off your story though remember no one will judge you here. I thought they were all gonan judge me here. But they all understood. This is really a great site.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
(female)

littlesadone HB User

I wasn't kidnapped but i was mentally/emotionally/behaviorally "held hostage" for years by a father who molested me over and over again from the age of "as young as I can remember" to a teenager......wow, am I actually saying that aloud? i don't do that very often.....

it is hard to get over.....i'm not sure you ever get over it...you just learn to take it one day at a time and do the best you can...i think..i don't know..i'm still fighting it

Old 07-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
(female)

myhearthurts HB User

i was robbed and raped at gunpoint in my house yesterday by two men...

Old 07-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
(female)

littlesadone HB User

I'm so sorry...how are you? Do you have anyone to offer you support during this time? YOu don't need to do it alone....

Old 07-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhearthurts View Post
i was robbed and raped at gunpoint in my house yesterday by two men...
Hello M,

When I found out about the awful news, I was compelled to post.

I will be praying for you and know that you can come to this site anytime; we'll be here for advice and support.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-04-2008 at 02:01 PM.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
(female)

casatonia 1 HB User

oh...are you ok?

Old 07-11-2008, 04:15 AM   #9
(female)

beth11 HB User

hi i was held hostage by knife point a few yrs ago and had to drive for over two hours then was raped you will get through this make sure you have support
as at the time i didnt and now am struggling but i am still here and fighting

Old 08-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
(female)

cetiya HB User

I was kidnapped and held against my will for 11 months 27 years ago. I'm afraid I am not over this, never will be and every few years I need to see another shrink to talk about it. but noone can heal me and I dont believe I can be healed. i guess thats not what I should be saying, but its how I feel.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #11
(female)

lauren007 HB User

Hi Beth11, well done for having that fighting spirit, you should be proud of yourself, it is not easy. i'm an ex-detective and i must say that you are an inspiration to others.

Cetiya, it is difficult but you have to try your best to work through it, you deserve to be happy!! Keep trying and keep posting.

lauren007

Old 09-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
(female)

sillychilibean HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillren21 View Post
is there anyone out there that has been kidnapped and raped and has serious post traumatic stress disorder
I was not kidnapped, however my stepdad and his friend kidnapped other children when I was little and hurt them in front of me. I am 19 now and I am trying to work with my therapist to try and figure out how we can get him put away; we have no idea how to go about doing this. He is very dangerous and we are scared that if we go to the police, he will hurt me before he is taken into custody.

Does anyone know how the whole court thing with that works?

Thanks,
Silly

Old 09-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
(female)

lauren007 HB User

Hi Silly, I am glad that you are receiving help and that you want to change the situation with him. I am an ex-detective here in south africa, I don't quite know how the law works by you, but I know that all police services/forces offers witness protection programes, have you ever considered that. In serious cases here in SA, the detective can apply for a bail application and if successful, the accused stays in custody for the duration of the trial. I'm sorry that I can't offer much help in terms of the court system there but have you considered staying with family in another state perhaps. Maybe your therapist could help you contact a social worker or a lawyer for more assistance. Maybe the option to have your testimony read out in court without you being present or without your identity being revealed is also an option. I'm sorry that I could not be of any further assistance other that to offer suggestions. Please let me know what options you have. Take care, Lauren 007

Old 09-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #14
(female)

sillychilibean HB User

Sorry. I just feel I put too much personal info here. edited out
silly

Last edited by sillychilibean; 09-29-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #15
(female)

lauren007 HB User

Hi Silly, is there perhaps an anonymous crime line that you could call and give them the information? Perhaps if they find something in his house then you will not have to testify? I'm sure that there must be a national crime hotline where you can give anonymous information. Keep posting, hope that I can be of more help. Take care, Lauren007

Closed Thread