It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2002, 12:05 PM   #1

raped HB User
Unhappy raped...will i get aids

I was date raped over 10 years ago. My tests have all come back neg but every time my childern get sick or i do i think that we got hiv. Down in my heart i know we don't but i still can't get over it. My doc said that if i was infected i would show more signs of it. So why can't i belive that and get on with my life?

Old 08-22-2002, 12:48 AM   #2

Yikes! HB User
It is somewhat unlikely that if you were tested for HIV after your rape and it was negative then that it would suddenly change and be positive now. If you are concerned about the validity of HIV tests in 1992 or feel that your test was administered incorrectly or was somehow in error, it is easy to get re-tested.

To be frank, and I'm not a psychologist, it sounds like you have some emotional problems resulting from the rape, and if you failed to seek adequate treatment for them back then, it makes sense that they have snowballed to the state you're in now.

I really suggest you seek out some form of help from a professional counselor immediately, be it at a rape crisis center (I'm not sure they'd take you 10 years post-rape, but it's worth the call or visit) or with someone in private practice. I think you'll find your health insurance provider has some sort of coverage for mental health, and the one I had didn't even require a referral from my primary care physician.

I hope you can find the help you need so you can be a happier person and in turn an even greater mom to your children. Please investigate your options and let us know how things turn out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread