It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
(female)

denise87 HB User
consent and rape

A professor in class said that even if a girl consents if she is intoxicated when she does so it is considered rape if she wakes up the morning and regrets it. is this true?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: consent and rape

Very much true.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
(male)

blackjack89 HB User

Oh good god.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User

It sounds very sexist the way your professor said this -- the "and she regrets it" part. However, it is true that someone who is intoxicated -- male or female -- is not able to give true consent if they are drunk, so it can be considered rape if that person decides to press charges.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
(male)

norton54 HB User

That sound like total B/S to me. We all do stupid sh)t when drunk and maybe regret it later.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Believe it or not, it's true. Although I agree with rhiannon777's comment that the way your professor put it is pretty sexist.

Regardless of whether someone regrets it the next day, drunk people are deemed to not be capable of giving consent. It doesn't matter if they said yes, the 'yes' is invalidated by their intoxication. And there's also a huge difference between doing stupid stuff and regretting it, and having stuff done to you.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

Yes, it is true. Just don't do it if you are drunk, it is safer that way.

When I was really young (I think that I was about 14) and still a virgin. My friend and I went out with these 16 & 17 year old guys who had some wine. I got totally blitzed out of my mind. This guy started making out with me. I admit that I was barely protesting because I was almost passed out, but I WAS saying NO. They took us out into the woods, he took me out of the car and laid me on the ground and started trying to get my pants down. I was saying NO and trying to move his hands away. I remember that it was really hard to move due to the alcohol. It was like I was in slow motion but he wasn't. He was a big guy and was on top of me and I just feel like I could have fought harder if I hadn't been drunk. Of course, if I hadn't been drunk, I wouldn't have been in the situation to begin with.

Fortunately, I had enough thought to try to trick him. I told him that I needed to go take my tampon out before we could do anything. When he let me up, I ran to the others and told them we had to go home now. All the way home he kept trying to get me to give him a BJ and I kept telling him NO. It was awful.

I never told anyone the way that it went down. He was the preacher's son. I felt like it was my fault for getting drunk. Later I totally realized that he was trying to rape me and he got me drunk on purpose. I realize that he KNEW I was drunk and couldn't fight back as well that way. I realize that I was very lucky to have gotten out of that situation.

Closed Thread