It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
(female)

tarinatalo HB User
Im scared about Hiv after rape

Hi,

My story :

Last Friday I was raped.

The reason was, that I was so drunk that I made the biggest mistake in my life by going to a strangers house. There I woke up in the morning when he was having sex with me.
We had fallen asleep in different rooms ( cause there was nothing going on between us!), so he must have woken up and come into the room I was sleeping in and started to rape me..

I have heard these kind of stories happening to girls before ,but I have allways thought that I would wake up if somebody would try to do something to me.

And now I can say, that you don't allways wake up. I remember having a dream that somebody is having sex with me and in the dream I started to feel good, and then I realised that it is actually really happening. I was in that deep sleep that it took me some seconds atleast to get my eyes open, and when I saw him having sex with me, I cant even discribe the shock. I mean, I almost died! Luckily he stopped when I pushed him away immediatly, and I got up and left.

Since then I have been haunted by the thoughts that how long did he have sex with me? Did he maybe drug me ( He offered a few drinks at his home) and that's why I hadn't woken up? Is he a "professional" raper??

All these horrible thoughts are tormenting me and on top of these there is the fear of diseases..

I blame myself ofcourse for "setting the table" to this raper and he only had to come for dinner. But at the same time, I know that what he did is so wrong and I have given a criminal report to the police. He will be procecuted.

However the thing is, I am more than terrified that he might have infected me with Hiv, or hepatite C. Other diseases are cureable so I can take them, but these two..

I have never had unprotected sex in my life because I am so scared about diseases.

I'm not here to ask for sympathy, but to talk about Hiv and these fears that I am now dealing with constantly in my head.

If there are people who are living with the same fear, I would love to share thoughts and stories with you. And also if there is people who have Hiv, I would really apprechiate it if you could tell me about what is it living with the disease, how you have learned to cope , and how did you get infected? Also if there is anybody here who have been sexually assaulted, I would like to share feelings too..

I have promised myself that if I survive this incident with a scare, I am going to help people who go trought these kind of things and also live my life to the maximum.

I have allways been a person who is careful ( expesially with sex!) and now one drunken night might have "ruined" my life . It all just feels unbeliveable, but makes me realise how fragile life, and health is..

These next 3months in my life will be the hardest, ( untill I get a sure test result) and I don't thik I can cope without having people who I can share feelings with. My friends keep telling me that I don't have Hiv and that Im scared of nothing, and are getting tired of listening to me, but obviously I can't get over this just like that as the fear is killing me..

Thank you for any answers or thoughts, and I wish you all strenght and happiness.

xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread