It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

Cowhugging HB User
Fear of... men?

Okay.. well, judging by where I'm posting, I'm certain you know all too well what "it" is. "It" happened ten years ago. I can't remember anything from it. Little bits and pieces randomly show up in my dreams but there is no way of me knowing if that's what happened or not. All I know is that it happened... I have been diagnosed with PTSD...

Getting to the point... every time a male asks me out, I binge until I gain weight so they're uninterested. I met a female who I find attractive and nice and wonderful, and I haven't tried to gain weight to escape her. I'm afraid because I'm a Southern Baptist Christian, and as you know, homosexuality does NOT fly well with that branch of Christianity.

I don't know what to do because I'm TERRIFIED of men. Just seeing male genitalia scares me... So... I'm not sure what to do to stop this fear. Does anyone else have this? Does anyone know what I can do to stop it?

Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Fear of... men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowhugging View Post
I have been diagnosed with PTSD...

Does anyone know what I can do to stop it?
Hello C,

Since you have been diagnosed,have you sought the help of a therapist that specializes in trauma?

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread