It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

Lost him HB User
Does it get easier?

Ok so I was raped last year by who was my boyfriend at the boyfriend at the time. So i got the courage to start dating again, but its like whenever i even kiss a guy the memories of being raped go thru my mind over and over and over again andI have to stop then I get nightmares for like a week. Does it ever get easier to deal with? Will the memories ever go away?
Thanks for any advice.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Lost him
Fiona_Jo (09-07-2011), Phoenix (07-14-2011), walkingtall (08-21-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
(female)

BreathNoMore HB User
Re: Does it get easier?

hello! I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. Being raped is one of the most painful, degrading acts a human being can suffer through. As a young woman who has been raped, on more than one occasion, i can tell you that i do believe that a rape can steal from the soul something that can never be returned. However, as strange as this may sound, life does get easier..the memories fade, and time will heal the wound. But the healing cannot be done alone. The suuport of family, friends, and loved ones is key to getting your life back
. I would highly recommend a support group or therapy of some kind. Although you will never forget this terrible experience, you will learn to let it become a part of who you are and allow yourself to become stronger because of it. Joing this board was a great start, and i am so glad to finally see a board discussing this topic. Again, i am so sorry to hear about what happened to you and i hope that i have lead you a step in the right direction. Best of luck to you and stay strong!

Last edited by BreathNoMore; 07-05-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

Lost him HB User

Thanks and sorry for the super late reply I was gone for a while no internet. And its hard for me o talk about this to anyone, but I had to get it out so I joined this.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
(female)

nadialiu HB User

Hi,My name is Nadia.When I was a student I was rape several time in my life.Now I have post-traumatic-stress disorder.After 20years I begin remembered and thinking about what hapen with me.When I think I fill sad,angry and depresion.Some time when I forget and do not think i fill very well,but some timewhen I think I fill my mood swing.How about you are move on?

Old 08-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User

I wouldn't say it goes away but it gets easier to handle. It's been twenty years for me since I was abducted and I get flash backs.
The best thing to do is to wait until you find a bf you are comfortable with and explain. He will understand and take it slow. There is no rush to find someone who wants to jump into bed. Stay away from those. If they can't wait then they can move on Take your time, build trust.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
(female)

nadialiu HB User

Hi,thanks for letter.I have family-husband and son.But I never talking to my husband in details what happen with me.he just know that I was rape,nothing else.he say he do not want to know about this details.How you are try to move on?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
(female)

Lost him HB User

I'm trying to move on but I feel like I can't, I feel like I'm not strong enough to stop the flash backs from happening. Like lately I've been having nightmares about it and starting cutting my wrists again. I hate it but like idk what else to do.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
(female)

nadialiu HB User

Hi,I think you are need go to the doctor and take some medication from anxiety,depression and stress.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost him View Post
I'm trying to move on but I feel like I can't, I feel like I'm not strong enough to stop the flash backs from happening. Like lately I've been having nightmares about it and starting cutting my wrists again. I hate it but like idk what else to do.
Hello Lost,

I hear you and therapy seems to work for a vast majority of individuals.

There are plenty of experts out there but I see flashbacks as a means of alerting the subconscious of trauma.

It first appears in the subconscious and then manifests itself in an everyday setting.

The key here is believing in your ability to heal;without it,there's an uphill climb.

Please share more;if you are up to it.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 08-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
(female)

nadialiu HB User

Hi,My name is Nadia.sometimes I have nightmares.yesterday after triggers of stress I felt bad.what to do?

Closed Thread