It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
(female)

MidnightScream HB User
I was assaulted in a park my a close friend

he got me tipsy, he got himself high.
I had always trusted him.
I was so scared and in shock i couldn't say no, (from past experiences)
it was really painful, i ended up making him go and walking home freezing cold
confused and upset, when i got home i had a shower, hot as anything and scrubbed myself raw.
he deleted me off fb

a couple days later i was put into hospital suicidal, and got pushed for answers, i had to say it, and it was soo hard!

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: MidnightScream
Phoenix (07-14-2011), SpicyGirl82 (07-19-2011), walkingtall (07-09-2011), writeleft (07-28-2011)
Old 07-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: I was assaulted in a park my a close friend

Hello MidnightScream,

I know that it wasn't easy to post your thread but i'm glad you did.

It shows that you are beginning to reclaim your power.

Trusting others can be difficult enough and when a person ends up abused by a trusted individual,it can make a person question their ability to choose decent individuals as friends.

Please realize that it wasn't your fault;he took advantage of you.

I pray that you were able to delete him, not only from your account but also your life.

There are words to describe the type of person you described......

None of them that I would choose could be posted here.

May you find the strength to progress and not regress while actively working through the healing process.

Genuinely stated,
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
MidnightScream (07-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
(female)

MidnightScream HB User

Hey.

Thanks yeah, ive been told from my psych and stuff that it wasnt my fault, even though it feels like it, i dont blame myself anymore. Although all those doubts went into my head afterwards and thats why i scrubbed myself raw.
But yeah, i need to start getting things out, i have covered everything else in my mental health category, but, i havent gone deeply into the sexual abuse, present and in the past, so im going to start healing, and i guess even though that first step is freakin scary, i have to do it, for me!

~Cass~

The following user gives a hug of support to MidnightScream:
krissyk73 (07-14-2011)
Old 07-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
(female)

neontetra HB User
Re: I was assaulted in a park by a close friend

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It is not your fault.

I agree with Phoenix.. by posting this it shows you are reclaiming your power and not letting him win.

I'm glad you told them at the hospital and starting the healing process.

Nobody deserves to be assaulted.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Hugs to you

Old 07-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

[
Cass,

I realize it will be difficult and uncomfortable for you but in the long run and in the grand scheme of things,it just may bring about a better quality of life for you.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 07-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
(female)

MidnightScream HB User

Hey all, thanks heeps, yeah its been a struggle since it happened, and other past stuffs been brought up. I have to go to an anxiety workshop to help cope with everything thats emotionally built up, which it should be good, but im a little scared. The guy tried talking with me and i just didnt know what to say, he doesnt think hes in fault which makes everything so much harder.

anyways, hope all is well.

~MS~

Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I am sorry for what your going through, but am glad you are facing it andnot just burrying it away in your head. You are making great strides at healing and that is awesome, you are a very brave young woman.

As for him trying to talk to you, I would tell him one time and one time only that if he comes near you or tries to contact you again for any reason, you will go to the police and file charges for rape, stalking, and harrasment. Don't play his game, don't let him get inside your head and win.

Why should he get off scott free....t's just so not right. If he continues to call and harass you I'd take a restraining order out on him.

I will keep you in my prayers, that you may heal physically and emotionally and that each day gets a little easier than the next. Don't let him put this you, you are the victim you;ve done nothing wrong, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Take care hon, and please keep in touch with us and let us know how your doing.

kat

Last edited by Administrator; 07-27-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
(female)

MidnightScream HB User

Hey all,

Thanks heeps for all your support I'm beggining to feel
Less embarrased day by day, I'm still finding my feet but ill begin to get stronger
ill be stronger and ill just keep reassuring myself that

~Cass~

Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Cass,

Just know that we're here for you,if or when you need us for advice support and/or opinions.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 07-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Another strong supporter, here for you...Facing huge challenges in life does make you stronger, and more able you become to protect yourself from everything. Each day that passes will make your further away, and stronger than ever.

Closed Thread