It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
(female)

sitias HB User
Need to share..

OK. This is only my second post here, but I'm hoping that if I shared what happened to me, with people who can understand what I have went through, that I might get some sort of closure.

(This all happened roughly a year ago)

I started hanging out with a guy that I had met. He told me he was 31 (I was 21 at the time.) I was basically ok with it, age really has never meant much to me, and at the time I was not looking for a relationship, just a friend. We became friends and turns out this guy was 37! Called him out on it, told him flat out we were only going to be friends. He acted cool with it, and we continued to talk and hang out on a fairly regular basis.

One day, he takes me out on the town. I had a blast! But needless to say, by the end of the evening I was quite drunk, to the point of passing out. We got back to his place, and I told him that I was actually going to pass out. Last words I remember him saying were: "Don't worry, I'll take care of you." I proceeded to pass out on his bed, fully clothed. Don't know exactly how long I was out for...but when I came too, he was raping me. Once he fell asleep I left, got my best friend to pick me up and take me home (parents were out of town.)

Now, I never reported this to the police. Why? Because one, my dad is a local police officer. I couldn't bear the thought of him knowing this happened to me. He would have made it into my fault (which in a way, I guess it was...got too drunk.) I did however get tested for STDs soon after, and I am clean. I've only told a few people about what happened since then (best friends and a few guys I've dated.)

I guess my biggest thing at this point is that I still feel disgusting. And I feel like no one "appreciates" what I have gone through. My friends, the few I've told, are very supportive. I've only told two guys that I have dated since then, that I got fairly serious with, about it. They dismiss it like it's nothing, or that I am making it up for attention. I can't describe how much that hurts.

Anyway. Please feel free to give me any input on what I can do to try and move on from this.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-26-2011 at 08:52 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to sitias:
Phoenix (07-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Need to share..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitias View Post
I've only told two guys that I have dated since then, that I got fairly serious with, about it. They dismiss it like it's nothing, or that I am making it up for attention. I can't describe how much that hurts.

Please feel free to give me any input on what I can do to try and move on from this.
Hello sitias,

I,for one,am glad that you shared with us.

These guys just don't seem to get it;you were left traumatized and are seeing a therapist to help you make sense of it all.

It is not your fault that they are less compassionate than others.

Pouring out your heartfelt emotional situations to another,only to wish you hadn't can be hurtful.....

Know this;you are and will continue to survive because you continuously seek answers for a better quality of living.

You may not realize it but you are beginning to move on,by taking the necessary steps in a positive direction.

It may not feel that way now but in time you will hopefully begin to see the silver lining in each cloud.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 08-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
(female)

nadialiu HB User
Re: Need to share..

hi,My name is Nadia.I was rape several time in my life.It was about 17years ago.Now I have diagnos post-traumatic stress.Some time I fill stress,sadness,depression .Somebody said to me that I am first and foremost survivor.I proud of myself that I am strong because I am survive this rapes and now I have a family-husband and son.I hear of about many women not strong who was rape.they are can not move on and have a normal life.I want that you are be strong.you are foremost survivor

Closed Thread