It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
(female)

Megmegmeg HB User
Unhappy Please help :( memories of molestation resurfacing

I was molested when I was 7 at a summer camp i used to go to, it went on for about 4 days , my camp Counsilor got sick so she had to go home and because of such short notice we had to combine cabins with a boys but us girls were in a separate room but now had a male camp Counsilor. One night he came into our cabin after the campfire and told me my parents had phoned and he had to walk me to the main office which was through the woods. So he was walking with me with the flashlight so we could see and the all of a sudden he turned off the flashlight and I couldn't see anything and all I felt was him pick me up and lay me down on the ground and he said that I was his special little camper and he wanted to show me how special I was all I remembered him doing was touching me and kissing my stomach. He said If I told my parents would hate me and everyone would think I'm lying so I haven't said anything.

Im now 16 and have my first boyfriend we've been dating for about 4 months we've kissed and stuff but the other night we were lying on my bed doing homework and he kind of got over top of me and started kissing me that was okay but when he started pulling up my shirt I freaked out and pushed him off I started crying because a rush of memories flooded back , i never told him about what happend so he felt horrible apologizing saying he'd never pressure me to do something I didn't want to do, I broke down and told him what had happend and he just held me as I cried , that night I had more flashbacks then usual they were more detailed and he did more things to me then I thought

I'm freaking out because I always thought he just touched me and nothing more but now everytime my boyfriend makes advances i have flashbacks of when I was seven and I cant get passes it. So my question is dis these things really happen or am I imagining things did things between my boyfriend and I trigger buried down memories.please help it's so hard to deal with I'm lost

I'm afraid to sleep because all I see is his face I feel sick whenever I think Bout it, I went to a clinic and had a physical and the doctor said I have internal scarring signifying extreme trauma to that area, I don't remember him raping me at least not yet, I'm so scared to have more flashbacks my mind is racing and I'm afraid my boyfriend will leave because I won't let him do anything to me because it's too painful will any guy want to be with me

Last edited by Administrator; 11-27-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
(female)

H0p3 HB User
Re: Please help :( memories of molestation resurfacing

What your experiencing is repressed memories. When you go through something traumatizing as a child, to protect yourself your brain buries it and forgets it but eventually something triggers that memory years later (your boyfriend kissing you). With the reaction that you are describing to the memories, its most likely real and it probably really did happen. What your next step to do is to go to a counselor and allow a counselor to help you work through these memories and get past them. I know its hard to do that and your probably feeling like its happening all over again b/c when repressed memories surface they often feel like that. Get counseling and talking about it will really begin to help. Ive experience the same thing and i know its hard but its necessary. I dont know if your a christian but praying will also help. Speaking from experience I wish you well.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-28-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

Tree Whisperer HB User

I agree, Darling, Youve got to get councelling. at such a young age, when you go through what you did, the body and mind can shut down briefly so you dont remember everything. Its a self preservation mechanism our bodies have, It helps us to live through some horrible things. Now these memories are coming back with a vengence at a crucial point in your life. As if teenagers dont have enough to go through... You could be showing signs of post traumatic stress so its important to see someone now who can help you through this. It will be hard but better now than later. Take care and good luck now and for the future.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

larskri HB User

Hello, I understand your frustration, but I would be careful if I were you.

Do not go see a psychiatrist that wants to "summon repressed memories"
Why? The reason is:

Therapists that claim to bring out repressed memories to treat you, do not really bring out repressed memories. Actually, research states that repressed memory therapists are more likely to PLANT memories into your head, because you'll believe what they said happened.

What I would do is go to councelling, tell him about the event, and things might become better that way. I would also tell your boyfriend and make sure that he understands that you're not ready, and when you are ready, you should make the advance.

Reason? Yourself making the advance has no relation with your memories, it might be hard at first, but be strong! I will cheer you on, and so will everyone else.

Don't do anything before you're ready for it, learn to trust, recuperate together with your councillor. It's such a shame that a wonderful girl like you should be ruined like this.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
(female)

casper77 HB User

This is something that will take time to get over. I'm only 20 but I've learned the guys that never push for sex and want you to only do it when you actually want to and r ready r the only ones worth giving it to.

After all they don't really care about you at all if they don't care how you feel about having sex. And yes the right guy will still love you because he will respect you and in time you can talk about it with him. This is something that won't be easy to get over...a simular situation happened to me and recently resurfaced. Try either talking to your mom or maybe a friends mom or church youth leader...an adult your comfortable really talking to. I'm sorry I can't help more but I hope this helps some and I wish you the best of luck in your recovery and journey in life.

Closed Thread