HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Rape / Sexual Abuse (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/rape-sexual-abuse/)
-   -   Rape (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/rape-sexual-abuse/89296-rape.html)

Me_friend8990 06-15-2003 08:10 PM

Rape

In March i was at a party and i was given some "pills", i didnt kno what they were, but i was in the whole drug scene and i took them because i was stupid! But a while later i was falling asleep, and when i woke up there was blood everywhere and this guy was on top of me. I started to cry and my friend came in and carried me to the bathroom. Later on that week i found out he didnt use protection, so i thought i might be pregnant... i made a dumb choice and decided to go out with him just in case i was, i didnt want to be alone. Well i have finnaly told my mom and she doesnt kno what to do, i want to press charges, but i want another persons opinion, so please help me????

DanaJ 06-15-2003 08:17 PM

Unfortunately rape is one of the hardest things to prove. Unless action is taken immediately, and you undergo invasive testing, there's usually about 0% chance of proving he did anything. Also, the fact that you were into the drug scene and willingly took pills you had no clue as to what they were, is going against your side.

Other then that, keep trying.

I hope you have stopped with the drugs, or at least been safer about it, to avoid future situations.

SH26 06-16-2003 09:07 AM

I think you should make every attempt possible to press charges. It will be a tough case, but you never know, if he gets scared he may admit to it. Also, try to get your friend to testify as to what they saw when they came in and got you. This may help support your case. Don't give up!! If you don't try to do something, then you let him win. Since you said you still talk him try to see if you can get some more of those pills. Don't take them. Have your mother take them to a lab to have them examined and see what it was. If you can prove they are something that "makes you out of it", you can strengthen your case. Of course don't do anything that's gonna get you in trouble. If they try to make you buy them, then don't do it. I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope everything turns out as it should!!

Magnetic 06-16-2003 12:58 PM

This would be a tough case.

The fact there was blood and you friend carry you away is good evidence, but the fact you dated the guy later will hurt your case. This is unfortunate, as your dating him only made him more likely to try this again. I mean, if he is faced with the choice again - having sex with a girl who is unconsious - he will thing, "Gee, the last girl I did this to ended up going out with me, so yeah!"

You don't say who gave you the pills - was it this guy or someone else? Did someone besides this one guy rape you? Maybe he was just the one you woke up to. What was the source of all the blood? Were you a virgin? On your period? How did blood get everywhere?
What did your friend see? Did they see the boy having sex with you? Did you tell the boy you felt raped, and what did he say about it?

If you hadn't dated the guy, you might have had a decent case. The fact that you did will make it harder, but it may be worth seeing a prosector about. We need to send messages to people who do this. While the boy probably doesn't deserve to be sent to jail for 30 years when this was more of a crime of opprotunity, he does need to be punished. Just because a girl is unconsious does not give guys the right to rape her.

Please, avoid the drug scene. As you have discovered the hard way, it is not very glamourous.

bradford54 06-16-2003 03:42 PM

Go to the police and tell your story. If you are lucky they will investagate it. I thing possition of date rape pills can get him major jail time. The police may be able to use the informatiom you and your friend have to set up a sting on there party.