It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
(female)

star121 HB User
was i sexually abused as a child?

I am 31 years old and i have had memories of when i was younger and the older boy next door touching me, he only came to visit next door here and there but i know clearly that he was a few years older than me and would want to touch me, i was under ten when the touching went on and i let him for whatever reason but i have never ever told anyone about it, only now is it coming to me that i was perhaps abused, i didnt realise it was so wrong back then as I was pretty naive growing up

i was 16 and then had my first boyfriend and thinking he loved me allowed him to take my virginity. I know that when i was a little girl i had some sort of fancy for the older boy next door and it's not something i ever think of but lately it has been on my mind and i am so confused. It would explain a lot about my personality but it is never something that i have ever spoken about for fear of what my parents would think of me. Can someone please help me with this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
(female)

lovedoll HB User
Re: was i sexually abused as a child?

hey star121
i really dont know how to anser this so i will tellyou my story at the age of 5 i was molested by a guy next door and it went on till the age of 12 i remeber him wanting to touch me and feel me.. i have been seeing a theripst for years now and she has told me yes that it counts as sexual abuse.. hearing what you have to ssay i would say yes you were.. i would recomend seeing a theripst at the very least to help you process some of the emotions behind it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
(female)

Dee Brown HB User
Re: was i sexually abused as a child?

My experience was bottled up inside for more than 20 years and I was unable to get past it until I could talk about it. I also went to a therapist for help and even though I was only 12 when it happened I felt so guilty because he was 16 and it made me feel so grown up. His touching me felt awful but I let him and didn't say no because I thought it meant someone thought I was a beautiful woman. (again I was 12) I discovered in group therapy that this is not uncommon and that the longer you hold this inside, the more it will poison you.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dee Brown:
lovedoll (11-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dee Brown For This Useful Post:
lovedoll (11-29-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
sexual abuse