It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2002, 10:13 PM   #1

silvergrin2 HB User
Unhappy Raped/Scared/Hpv....

i went back to my doctor today b/c she needed to 'Talk' to me. i never expected HPV.. about 3 months ago i was date raped and i should have gotten tested then but i didnt but i havent had any signs at all...i've been reading up on it so i'm not so scared. I know this wasnt my fault and i should stop blaming myself but i still feel dirty. i have to go in for a biopsy on the 13th... now.. my doctor said none of her patients ever really complained about freezing but everyone here said it hurts.. should i get my mom to go with me to drive back home? and another thing about oral sex. if i have the tissue frozen like i'm supposed to( she told me i didnt have any warts but my tissue was changing) it's like the virus is... dormant? can my partner contract it if there isnt an outbreak?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2002, 08:19 AM   #2

stephanie2525 HB User
i'm so sorry you had to go through what you did. he will get his one day, maybe not as soon as you'd like but he will get his. men like that ought to be shot. if he has done it to you then i'm sure there are others before or after you that he has done this to and he probably won't stop until he gets nailed. what is hpv? good luck to you and know it's not your fault he is a loser.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2002, 06:56 PM   #3

Sunflowers HB User
okay.
It sounds like you are going to have cryosurgery. This will NOT hurt you. You may cramp, but there shouldn't be any pain involved. Take Ibuprofen, if you can, 1/2 hr before the procedure. 400 mg's should be fine. This will help with cramping. You really don't need to bring mom, but if you'll feel better about that, then do whatever makes you comfortable.

HPV, as long as it's not active ie: warts and/or discharge, you can't give it to your bf.

The purpose of the cryosurgery is to take off the top layer of cells on your cervix that harbor the effects of the virus right now. That's why your pap's came back abnormal and the biopsy showed HPV.

if you have any more ?'s, please ask and I'll try to anwer for you.

Sunflowers

Old 02-07-2002, 02:50 PM   #4

concered HB User
SUNFLOWER:

What did you mean by discharge? I didn't think HPV had anything to do with discharge..

Old 02-14-2002, 08:08 PM   #5

leggy HB User
Arrow

I think that some of this information is incorrect even though I could be wrong. But I think that it can be transferred even if you are not showing warts or having discharge. Because I remember reading that half of all women have some form of the hpv virus and it does not always show up as warts. The kind of virus that causes cancer does not show up usualy as warts. Plus half of all women have this virus and a large percentage of them don't even know that they have it so I am guessing that they are still able to spread the disease. Can Anybody correct this information that hpv is still spreadable if the person does not have warts or discharge?

Old 02-15-2002, 12:49 PM   #6

foosballfan HB User
You can absolutely give someone HPV even if there is no discharge or there are no warts visible(that goes for males and females). The virus is very easily transmissible by even skin to skin contact, and even condoms don't always work to keep it from being spread.
The good news is that HPV is usually dormant and only a few strains can cause cervical cancer. It is very important though to get yearly pap smears at the doctor's office to make sure the HPV isn't causing any cellular changes on your cervix. Keeping a close watch on that is the best thing you can do. Also, tell every person you have sex with from now on that you have this problem because it isn't something that you should keep a secret from them.
And also , cryosurgery or any procedure involving the cervix can be painful, so don't say it won't.

Closed Thread