It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

belleza85 HB User
Possible sexual abuse as a child?

Hi everyone,
I am planning on going to a counselor about this, but I also wanted to get your perspective on my situation since this is a safe forum for this topic.

I am a 27 year old female. Back in 2006 I was living alone for a summer. There was one night where I was sitting by myself and all of a sudden I became really panicky. Then I started having this weird series of flashbacks to moments from my childhood. These "flashbacks" all happened within a few minutes and I just sat there and had a mini-anxiety attack afterward. I didn't know how to piece it together. But I pushed it aside because I thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

After this, I talked to my boyfriend about my previous "memories". Then I started thinking about my past behaviors.

I am worried about seeing a therapist because I know about 'false' memories and I don't want to trick myself into thinking something happened to me if it didn't. in your opinion, could something substantial have happened to me when I was younger?

Thanks for reading.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Possible sexual abuse as a child?

Hello belleza,

Please consider the therapist because there are a lot of emotions to be explored when even beginning to explore possibilities.
I truly hope that you weren't abused but in the event something is revealed,you will truly benefit from a qualified professional.

Respectfully stated,
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
child abuse, repressed memories, sexual abuse