It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

Sehsun HB User
Post Sexual abuse & STD

If someone you know has been sexually abused as a kid, should they be tested for an STD? How do you know if you have an STD? I've heard there aren't symptoms, or if there are, there aren't much. Also, can you be diagnosed with an STD just by a regular blood test? Or is there a special blood test just for STD's?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 05:58 PM   #2

shucks HB User
depends on the type of std you have in order to have symptoms.

hpv sometimes you can have symptoms warts or abnormal papsmears and sometimes one will never have any symtoms.

there are many types of symptoms one can get from std but sometimes they dont have any.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
sexual abuse luvmy3girls Rape / Sexual Abuse 7 01-15-2009 02:53 AM
Has anyone that survived Sexual abuse had a healthy relationship?? elatedgiraffe Rape / Sexual Abuse 2 11-05-2008 03:01 PM
False sexual abuse claims by autistic child autisticsis Mental Health 8 05-25-2007 01:04 PM
How to help girlfriend cope with childhood sexual abuse? David_002 Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill 6 03-09-2007 10:18 PM
Do you ever get over sexual abuse? dd annie Rape / Sexual Abuse 33 09-22-2006 09:06 PM

« Rape victim | Rape »