It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

animallover21 HB User
Could I have been molested or sexually abused as a child?

I'm 21 now and just need to get some clarity I don't really remember everything that happened. When I was about 5 or 6 I remember a family member ( he is 5 years older than me) into the bedroom I was crying in because I got in trouble. I don't remember everything that happened but I remember him having me act like we were having sex. We had our clothes on from what I remember and he would go back and forth and make me kiss him. The second time it happened I was about 7 or 8 and it was at night and he asked if he could sleep in my room I must have said no because he said that either him or my stuffed bear would get mad or sad. (I can't really remember what all was said) Before I tell someone I just wanted to know if this is just kids being kids or if it was a form of sexual abuse. Another reason I think so is because I have been having some symptoms and just need some clarity.

The following user gives a hug of support to animallover21:
Phoenix (12-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Could I have been molested or sexually abused as a child?

I think that, at the age you were and the fact that it doesn't sound hugely traumatic, that you would remember if anything further happened, especially if it was rape or violence. It sounds like what you remember is probably all there is from that occurrence. Maybe there was other stuff, much earlier that you are not remembering. I don't mean that it is buried or repressed, but that it didn't register in that first context, but made the later incidents more significant. Sera.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply