It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

Eightyrson HB User
Exclamation Little worried

Hi everyone I am new here. I am feeling very anxious and unsure of a curtain situation.

A few years ago I was with a very violent man. He physically and sexually abused me almost every day for over and year.

I have been counselling and I thought I was at a point where I could put it behind me and move on. I am now married to a wonderful man who I love so much. He knows about my past, not in any detail but he has an idea. He is great and has dealt with my panic attacks during sex and he has worked so hard to build a trust between us. Everything was going great untill just recently. I have been extremely stressed and the nightmears have started again, my heart pounds like it is going to explode. I can't put my finger on what the trigger is. Could it be just the stress?

The following user gives a hug of support to Eightyrson:
Phoenix (12-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Little worried

Hello Eightyrson and welcome.

The resurgence of symptoms could be due to several different factors,including stress.Stress disorders sometimes stay hidden for some time;until the brain is ready to try and process it all.
When one is traumatized in the fashion you explained,it is advised that individual therapy be considered.

You owe it to yourself;especially after all you've been through.

With sincere respect
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

Eightyrson HB User
Re: Little worried

Thank you so much for your reply.

Alot has happened over the past 2 months and I feel somewhat overwhelmed. I got married, went on a honeymoon, then there has been alot of trouble within the familey. I feel like life is whizzing by and I cant stop and think which is probably causing the stress (panic attacks and racing heart).

Sometimes I wonder whether things will ever be normal again.

Closed Thread