It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

Ingy HB User
I am 31 with 7 wonderful children I have been married 7 years and together 11 years.. But I am not happy i fact I go from a conversation with my husband and fly off the handle and I am so angry.. It's got worse over the last few months where I just don't have any patience. I live miles away from family and very rarely see my friends.. I feel isolated which don't help, but my dad came to stay with me for a week and I really enjoyed spend sometime with him but when he left I was heartbroken. I spoke to my step mum and she told me my dad was worried that I don't look happy. So I was then worried if my dad who I don't see for a year can see it how obvious is it?

I am not sure what's triggered it off but I find my self upset, tired, lonely, empty and angry a lot at the moment.

Now my mum is getting married to a man who molested me and my sister from 11 to 16 and she never listened to us although I think deep down she knows the truth he means more than we do... The hard thing for me is I try so hard to play happy families for the sake of my brothers (his children) and my mother although I wish I didn't care what she thought about me I do I m even a bridesmaid long with my sister because we wouldn't dare not to be! Now for years I have managed to keep it away but I am not sure if this is what's festering and making me feel the way I do or weather something else is?

It's easy for ppl on the out side looking in to think well I would of this and that but it's so difficult because this is my family..

Last edited by Ingy; 02-06-2013 at 08:53 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ingy:
Phoenix (03-26-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
(female)

Lateeka HB User
Re: Could my past be affecting my marriage

Maybe you should talk to your mom again and let her know how you feel after all these years of no one bringing up the topic maybe she think all is forgotten. I know you love your mom and family but to participate in the wedding is like saying you forgave your stepdad. Keep your precious children away from them and talk to your husband let him know what's going on because he sounds like a good man don't chase him away.

Reply Reply