It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rape / Sexual Abuse Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
(female)

Allie01 HB User
Don't know what to do

Hello I am new to this site and are needing some advice. I'm 22 now but I remember one of my older brothers doing sexual stuff to me. The first time I remember it happening I was about 4/5 and he was 9/10. He came into the my bedroom and started acting like we were having sex by rubbing our privates back and forth. He also had me French kiss him. I don't remember everything that happened but that I wasn't sure what was going on.
The second time I remembering it happen I was 6/7 and he was 11/12. This time I must have said no because I remember him saying that either him or my stuffed bear would get mad or upset if he couldn't come sleeping in my bed. I remember feelin uncomfortable but don't remember saying no or to stop. The next thing I remember is it happening again but my other brother caught us. He went and told my mom and she freaked out. She said that we could get taken away from our family for that kind of behavior. We didn't talk about it after that.
Around this time I started to act out sexually with my younger cousin by having him do what my brother did to me. This only happened once and my grandma caught us. I also did it to a friend of mine I would make us act like we were having sex when we were playing house. Which is what my brother did to me. So does that mean I abused them?
I have always had some anxiety but lately I have been having panick attacks, crying spells, feeling of hoplessness like I'm going to die young, and depressed (Is this normal after so many years?). I told my mom what my brother did to me and she had a different story than I did. She said that it only happened the first time and that he was playing around. She said it wasn't abuse or molestion and acted like it was no big deal. I know this is nothing compared to what some of you have been through but I don't know if I should tell my Dr or just let it go and act like nothing happened.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Allie01
castinggal (04-15-2013), Phoenix (03-26-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Don't know what to do

Hello Allie01 and welcome.

Please realize that I post not as the moral majority but a person who cares.

The early occurrences you speak of have seemed to keep lingering over time.
When it comes to minors,there's a grey area as to what constitutes abuse.
Parents sometimes tend to downplay sensitive situations so that their children won't make such a fuss over certain issues.
While I believe she may have meant well,the fact remains that you have unresolved issues that need to be addressed.

More often than not,therapy is a useful way of helping one to both cope and better understand certain behavior patterns.

Please consider this.
You deserve a better quality of life;we all do.

With Sincere Respect
Phoenix

Reply Reply