It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #1

Tomoose HB User
Exclamation Red Ear Syndrome

I think i have red ear syndrom my ear becomes realy red and hot like blood is rushing in to it. im not sure can any one help me??
wut are the symptoms and wut can i do to stop it? it comes as quickly as it goes nothing provokeing it i think it has something to do with i spider bite i had when i was 5 by a black widow....im not sure......

Last edited by Tomoose; 03-09-2004 at 02:48 PM.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #2
(female)

Franziska HB User
Re: Red Ear Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoose
I think i have red ear syndrom my ear becomes realy red and hot like blood is rushing in to it. im not sure can any one help me??
wut are the symptoms and wut can i do to stop it? it comes as quickly as it goes nothing provokeing it i think it has something to do with i spider bite i had when i was 5 by a black widow....im not sure......

Hello
My name is Lena. Im from Denmark and one of the few registred people with Red Ear Syndrome. Im very interested in talking to you. Is it your doctor that had told you about Red Ear Syndrome? And what do they do about it???
I have had it for about 8 years, and tried all kinds of medicine, but nothing has worked so far...
I hope to hear from you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

dave angel HB User

hi , i have had red ear syndrome for multiple years now,
my left or right get really hot en red but never both at the same time
it does seem to happen more often in recent months

it's not really painfull, but more of an annoyance/irritance for me

until a few weeks ago i just accepted it as something strange that happens to me, untill one night i googled "one red ear" or something simular and found a name for it, it's nice to know that you're not alone

what i have noticed:
it happens:
- mostly in the evening
- when i have had an alcoholic beverage (about 1 to 2 hours later)
- sometimes the left ear, sometimes the right never both
- when stressed at work
- sometimes it helps to put some cold water on the ear (although not always)
- if you start to notice it, it happens more often

i dont know it so rare a desease: if you start to look for it in other people , i seems to see it pretty regulary

don't know about any cure being out there somewhere

i found here: [url]www.peterbe.com/One-hot-ear[/url] some responses about the syndrome will try to post a message there to this board

will try to visit the topic on a regular basis to see if any responses

Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
(male)

nickred HB User

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this board or not, but I have been having "red ear syndrome" for about 15 years (i'm 25 now). I asked the doctor years ago and he said it was nothing, all in my head. It is in both ears and I get it everyday. I purposely make them red when I get off work so I can go out later and not worry about them turning red in public. (it has never happened more than once in one day). A few things that cause them the most are stress/nervousness in front of others, hot weather, and sometimes drinking alcohol. The only way I have found to control this if it starts to flare up is cold water or cold weather, so I am constantly having to go outside or go to the bathroom to splash cold water on them. I have even resorted to licking my fingers and basically licking my ears to keep them cool. I even grew long hair once just to cover them up. In a way it controls my life but I have dealt with it for so long I can control it, sometimes. I would still like to find some kind of medical explanation for this so I can live a normal life. It sometimes prevents me from doing things with my friends, like in hot weather when I know I can't control it. Any help would be fantastic, this really is no way to live! Thanks.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

hey, i have had this a few times before and never though it was an actual syndrom, when i first got it, i was under alot of stress/anxiety, also it was around the time when i was havin some pretty bad sinus problems but i dont know if thats related. it always happened at night to me. when i first got it i thought i was dieing, lol. well i dont have any curable answers for you, just thought i'd say i have had this too. i havent got it for a couple months now

Last edited by kirsten07; 03-24-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
(female)

mommy5 HB User

I'm bored today and stumbled upon this thread. I have a 3 year old son who has had chronic croup since he was 18 months old as well as allergies. Every so often one of his ears will turn bright red for no reason at all. Sometimes he cries and says his ear hurts and other times it will be red and he will act as if nothing is wrong. The doctors have shrugged it off each time I mention it. I am interested to see if it continues and how he descibes the feeling as he gets older.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #7
(male)

jeffusa HB User

I have stumbled upon this board and this thread. I have Red Ear Syndrome and I have been trying to figure out what causes it or how to fix it. I am 28 years old and it seems to have gotten worse in the last few years. I am getting worried if I don't figure out something soon I could be in serious trouble.

I feel like my body is trying to tell me something but I can't figure it out. I am having this trouble almost every single day now in the evening. It is starting to wreck my life because I have noticed I can't have sex when I have red ears.

I have never figured out any good fixes for it. It seems like I figure out something good to fix it and then it doesn't work later on. If anybody has any more infor on this or knows how to cure it or prevent it please let me know.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #8
(male)

Awilson77 HB User

When I was elementary school agedI would sometimes notice that one ear turned red. I seem to remember it happened at night more often than during the day. It happened when I was living in New Jersey. We moved to Los Angeles when I was 12 years old and I don't remember whether or not it happened while I was living there. Therefore, I don't think it did. Then I was in college in Boston and I remember it happened at least once then. It has not happened that I remember in the last 20 years. I never learned anything about it from any doctors.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Mine get red but it's when my blood pressure is high. Like when I'm stressed or mad.

Closed Thread