It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 06:02 AM   #1

ashers HB User
Tingling, Tightening Sensations

I have been dealing with what I have come to call simply, "episodes" for about two years now. I define an episode as tightening sensation that starts in either my right or left hand and travels up my arm into my mouth and then (sometimes) into my legs. I find it hard to see during the episodes and difficult to talk when the tightening is in my mouth. Sometimes I will have a migraine afterwards. I have had four of these episodes in two years. During the first one I was rushed to the ER and I had a CT scan done which came back normal. I then was referred to a neurologist. The neurologist ordered an MRI of my head. The results for that were normal as well. I was then diagnosed with A-Typical Migraines. The neurologist then put me on Depakote. I took it for only three months because it is hard on the liver. While on the Depakote I did not have an episode, however, I did have one right before starting the medication. Eventually, months later maybe, after stopping the medication, I had another episode. I have since had one more episode, making that four times now. I have had blood work done which has also come back fine. I also get tingling sensations in my head and arms. The tingling sensations in my head usually are in the middle of my head. It is like a pulsing, coldness feeling. Right now I am trying massages and biofeedback. It has seemed with the biofeedback that the tingling has come back in my head. If anyone could offer *any* help or suggestions I would be so grateful! I am desperate and scared! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 04:23 PM   #2

___Valerie____ HB User
Re: Tingling, Tightening Sensations

Here's some information that might be helpful read reguarding cold agglutinin disorder

www.*******.org/forums/neuro/archive/12227.html

Also others that sound familar would be porphria and endocrine disorders

I read as much as I can b/c I too have normal test results and bizarre episodes. I pray doctors remember that they are scientist not prescription writers. We want to know what we have and how to get well.

Closed Thread