It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
(male)

help0001 HB User
Raynaulds

I was diagnosed with Raynaulds when I was a teenager, and had all my blood work done as well but I was wonder can Raynaulds cause the lymph nodes to be enlarged, they aren't really big or anything but I was just checking. I've just had some recent blood tests done to see if i'm alright with everything else and apparently everything is very normal indeed. Could it be lupus? I have been tested for that but it has come back negative.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
(female)

gghcgail HB User
Re: Raynaulds

I have had raynaulds going on 10 yrs now. its a slow progressing disease that is very rare and very painful as u get older. mine started with hands turning purple and black and fingers numb. this year it has progressed to my feet. its now in my left toe. its red and swollen and half the nail has come off and no feeling. its due to circulation problems. if the circulation is cut off from your hands or feet then thats what happens. I am on a heavy antibotic now to get rid of the swelling and hopefully will go to a drug for circulation. will go back in 4 days and see what happens. will let u know.. Gail

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

holeinheart HB User

Hi ! to you both ( above!) I was diagmosed with Raynaurds when I was just 30 , haveing had it a good five years before then so thats 25 years off cold hands, feet and a very cold nose ( like a dogs!)
I have been getting the most awful 'small vein bursts' in the middle sections of my fingers ( never thumb) somtimes they bleed so much that my whole finger swells up, and the pain, stinging and swelling is horrendous, and I cant stop it bleeding for a few minutes, once it got so bad my whole finger from top to bottom was almost three times the size and we had to go to A & E for assistance , do you get any of the same?
I think I cope well with mine , after 25 years I know the drill now!
Raynaurds as you know can lead on to Scleradema which is a condition I really would hate to get.
Two years ago I started to show signs of this and my consultant told me I had it. I had to tell my children that I may have only two to four years left , as it is a very fast progressive illness, and my signs where very strong including; patches of leather skin at joints, trouble with eatting, tightning of face and skin in other areas.
Consultant got it wrong (THANK GOD) he never apologiesed to me , my hubby and kids where at first devistated and then we celebrated , to this day this consultant just has ignored his terrible mistake!
They did find out I had a number of other nasty conditions ( Ive posted under seronegative R.A. etc) but at least I can cope with them ( well almost)
I dont know about you, but I have drawers full of hats, scarfes and gloves by the dozen and we keep them in the house, cars, garden sheds you name it there stored there! and I get them for Christmas , birthday and easter presents......gloves I should have been born a millipede! , I have enough boots to fit out the whole of the british army , and enough scarfes to be able to tie them all together and use them to climb down the leaning tower of piza ( should I just happen to need them) !

Last edited by holeinheart; 04-30-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Old 05-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #4
(female)

ilovemypug HB User

My mother has Raynaulds. Sometimes her toes turn as black as coal. She screams alot when that happens becasue it is very painful to her. I am sorry to all who have it.

Old 05-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

Yikes, I have never really looked into Reynaulds before but have been told by two people that I have it. My fingers and toes have been getting numb since high-school. They first turn purple then white. One of the people who defined it as Reynaulds said that I shouldn't tell my doctor because when she got diagnosed with/it it had a negative impact on her insurance coverage.

I didn't even realize that it is progressive! Yikes. The family friends that told me i had it mentioned that drinking caffine makes it worse. So I stopped drinking coffee...which actually did seem to help with my circulation. Plus, i moved from a warm CA, climate to a cold Seattle, WA climate and still don't experience it as often.

Does anyone know of preventative care?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
(female)

Miss S Nolan HB User
Re: Raynaulds, scleradoma

hi all im 29 and i first got raynaurds when i was 14years old then it was just in my hands,by the time i was 17 it got much worse spreading to my feet and tounge, my feet and hands go white then purple blue black. When all this started at 14 i was also getting severe heartburn and indigestion things just got worse from then on, At 17 i had problems with swallowing food, was getting ulcers under my nails, stomach ulcers,tightining of the skin, each time i eat the food gets stuck in oesophagus casing astonishing pain even stops me from breating. i also got aurthritus in both knees along with all this i have other stomach problems and irritable bowl syndrome its all linked to the scleradoma, noone else in my family history has this condition and medication do not help is there anyone else here who has scleradoma that has also has these problems, i have not met anyone or spoke to anyone else with this condition and if anyone has any ideas on what could help please say. since i was 14 there has not been a day where i have had no heartburn, indigestion or problems swallowing it seems everyday is a battle now i live life as much to the full as i possibly can.

Closed Thread