It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

Sal_ HB User
Question mysterious -delayed pressure urticaria

I was diagnosed at 31 with delayed pressure urticaria 2 years ago after repeated visits to my GP who insisted it was an alergy, tests from a ruematologist for the joint pain and finally a referral to a dermatologist who although had no experience of treating DPU at least knew of this rare disease.
There seems to be no apparent cause or reason for the sudden onset of this condition which began with joint pain. The soles of my feet began swelling and next came the red welts anywhere that pressure was applied. (Took me ages to realise that the lumps on my back where caused by siiting on a wooden backed chair)
I have read reports of sulfasalazine as a treatment for DPU and will definately be asking my consultant about this. The medication I take includes antihestimines xyzal - levocetirizine dihydrochloride and telfast - fexofenadine, I also take DAPSONE and have found that altough symptoms do not dissapear altogether it is far more managable.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

mrschoppachop HB User
Re: mysterious -delayed pressure urticaria

As I posted below, I *think* I may have DPU also. I have yet to be dx with it though. One thing that I find is that I don't always get hives with pressure. When I do get them they seemed to be caused by pressure (feet, hands, legs, etc).I don't get them from sitting and I don't get them all the time. Do you get them all the time or just randomly?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread