It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

juliem67 HB User
Can someone please help me!

I Dont Really Know How To Start This But Here Goes...i Have A Daughter That Is 15 And When She Was Around 18 Months She Started Blanking Out. She Would Be Playing Or Watching Tv And This Blank Stare Would Come In Her Face And She Would Fall Over(pass Out) I Took Her To Several Doctors For Several Testa And They Couldnt Find Anything. Then Around The Age Of 2 It Dissapeared. Now She Is 15 And 3 Days Ago She Started Feeling Bad And Threw Up Yellowish Liquid And Passed Out Again(she Had Done This Same Thing On And Off A Few Times) I Took Her To The Emergency And They Ran Some Tests. (on Blood& Urine) And Said They "think" She Could Have Mono. So I Was Told To Take Her To Her Family Doctor For A Follow Up And He Did A Mono Test By *****ing Her Finger And Putting Blood On A Colored Card And It Came Up Negative. I Got Her Home (this Was 2 Days After The Hospital Visit) And She Started Running A Very High Fever. Since She Had Been Perscribed 4 Different Medications By The First Hospital (something For Loose Bowels, Something For Acid Reflux, Something For Upset Stomach And A Antiobotic) I Did Not Give Her Anything For Fever But A Cold Rag For Her Forehead.(some Of The Perscribed Medicine Said Not To Mix With Over-the-counter Drugs) Well She Fell Fast Asleep And I Woke Her About 4 Hours Later And She Was Going To Take Her Meds(she Had Only Taken One Dosage So Far) She Slowly Got Up And Went To Get The Meds And Took A Sip Of Her Sprite And Passed Out Cold And Hit The Floor. When We Tried To Wake Her She Rolled Her Eyes Back In Her Head And Started Having A Sezure(something She Had Never Done) I Called 911 And A Ambulance Came To Get Her. I Was At The Hospital For Over 7 Hours Where They Drew Blood And Did A Spinal Thing Drawing Out Fluid And Said That She Indeed Had Mono. But Nowhere Online Does It Say That Mono Symptoms Include Fainting Or Sezures. So My Question To Anyone Out There That Can Help Me Is: What Should I Do Now??? She Still Feels So Bad Which Could Be The Mono But How Do I Know? Her Dads Brother Has Had Sezures His Whole Life And Her Dad Passed Out With No Sezures His Whole Life. But He Went Through A Long Line Of Tests And Nothing Was Ever Found?? Can Anyone Please Help Me With Any Answers For My Daughter? Thanks, Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

john449 HB User
Re: Can someone please help me!

Obviously something you need to continue to watch closely and get your MDs help if other problems arise. That said, the history of those "blank out" episodes when she was a child certainly sound like petit mal seizures. I would presume with her history she would have had an EEG (electroencephalograph) at some point. If not she should probably have one. She may, considering her father's and her own history have a low threshold for seizures in which case if she gets sick, especially with a fever, she may have more of these episodes. Though frightening, these things are usually not dangerous -- EXCEPT -- when she is older and driving she needs to know what's going on. So, best follow up with her docs and discuss these possibilities with them. Good Luck...

Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Sounds to me that this is typical symptoms of Sezures. My granddaugter had once episode of it and we did a lot of research on this matter. We found a good Neurologist, who takes care of her, watches her. This is the key.
He told us to watch on that look you describing...
You have to find a good neurologist and I believe in couple of opinions no matter how much your trust your Dr.
Good luck to you and your family!!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #4
(female)

Chez19 HB User

It sounds to me like epileptic seizures.. perhaps get her tested to rule it out.

Closed Thread