It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

kezzy85 HB User
Unhappy hi-anyone out there with pectus excavatum?!

im 22 and have a indentation in my chest also my boobs are different sizes as the dent in right in my cleavage..i suffer from severe depression as i hate it so much.. i dont no any one else with it and came across this site while searching for it..to any women..how do u buy a bra to fit when it affects ur chest bone?? would like to talk to anyone that understands me

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: kezzy85
flatgurl (12-19-2011), okerin (11-30-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to kezzy85 For This Useful Post:
okerin (11-30-2010)
Old 05-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
(female)

tiddlypeep HB User
Re: hi-anyone out there with pectus excavatum?!

hello, I am 30 with the same condition. I find it impossible to find bra's that fit properley, I just have to make do. It makes me depressed now that i know its a medical condition, there are loads of people out there with it.
Have you talked to your doctor about it?
I am due to have surgery in 2 days to get it corrected, let me know if you want to know how it went but it may be a week or so before i am out of hospital.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-27-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Please do not post websites except as described in the posting policy section titled "How to share information".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
(female)

Rickie56 HB User

Hi, I noticed your post and I wanted to share my experience with you. I also have a pectus excavatum. I must tell you it was awful in High School wanting to date and having these weird boobs and an indented chest. I was ashamed and felt so awful all the time. I was pretty and had a cute figure but then this dark secret I had to keep to myself. I remember dating a boy and he went for my chest while kissing. I screamed out STOP and quickly ran from his car. Well, my mom was lucky. Not too many make out dates for me because of my weird deformed boobs and sunken chest. I also suffered with asthma and lack of endurance playing sports. Well, i could not take this pectus much longer, after failing PE due to that I would not dress down and have the mean buxom girls point and laugh at why I would hide in the rest room to dress down. I decided I would just ditch PE altogether. Not good since I received an F and needed the credits to graduate. My pectus problem was just ruining my life. I just could not understand why I had these horrid mishapen boobs while my own mother had normal D boobs. I just felt so alone in my world of pectus boob hell. My older brother got engaged to his HS girlfriend. I was to be in the wedding. My mother and I went to the store to try on the bridesmaid dress. I started to cry and cry as I didn't want my mother to see my chest. She was shocked when she saw it. I hid this problem from everyone. I wore a tremendous padded bra and just lived with it. Well, I came out of the closet so to speak and showed my mom the whole mess of a chest I had. Not much was done at the time but she told me later she felt really sorry and bad for me. Well, sure why wouldn't she. I was in the wedding, wore my huge padded bra that penny's carried and went on with my life. Dating became more and more of a challenge. One Summer night in 1974 I was introduced to a young man who fell for me at first sight. He was so taken with me that I felt well maybe I could pull this off, have a boyfriend as well as weird boobs and a sunken chest. He must have been sent from God because he never asked why I pushed his hands away from my boobs. We dated for 3 years while he never once saw my breasts or me in a bathing suit. He just accepted my weird ways and loved me. I will be forever grateful to him. I love him in a way to this day. He gave me such a gift that I could never repay him in a million years. Well, I am now 50, in fact I turned 50 last week. I will tell you that I did have plastic surgery on my pectus in 1976. I also had breast implants at the same time. I had a silicone implant that was put in the sunken area of my chest and then a silicone implant to build up the deformed smaller breast and then and smaller implant in the other breast just to make me look a little more womanly. Yes, I have 3 implants. I was very skinny back in those days. Well, I emerged a new woman. I bought normal bras that were made of silk and satin and were smooth. No more padded bras for me. The breast implants helped the most with my awful chest appearance. The silicone implant that was placed in the middle of my chest helped somewhat and I am glad they put it there as it helped make my breast look more normal. Now that I am 50 and have gained weight I have so much more natural breast tissue. My breast look almost normal. I have the tiny implants at the top of my breast and then the rest of the normal breast tissue just kind of sags. I don't mind at all. The implant in the middle of my chest is still there and I can feel it more from time to time. I still do not have a lot of endurance and I get tired SOOOO easily. I have fibromyalgia which I am sure is part of the pectus syndrom. I married at 25, not to my wonderful HS boyfriend but to a man I met at work. We have been married 24 years and have 2 beautiful daughters who I am so thankful they do not have pectus excavatum. My one daughter has such a flat chest with very normal breast that grew normally that I sometimes touch the top of her chest in amazement. I am SOOO proud that she doesn't have to suffer what I had to go through. I would not want to wish that on anyone. They say it happens to boys more than girls. I have 2 older brothers who have very mild pectus and it never bothered them. I had a severe pectus that was more off to the side with a deformed right breast. My other daugther is fine too she just has higher breast so I never touch her chest as she would think I was trying to touch her boobs. I never really talk about my pectus years. It was so emotionally painful that I am crying now as I type. It was such a dark secret you had to keep and dating boys was just a nightmare. Forget pool parties and beach parties. You had to find fun elsewhere. My grades suffered too. I was just a mess. I am so thankful for my plastic surgery and for the men that did love me and love me now. my husband never even gave it a second thought when we met. Of course I was ashamed of the silicone and the fake boobs but I was older and had a little more confidence by then. The pectus has affected my life. I will always have the scars in my soul of what I went through and If I can help anyone out there just email me.

The following user gives a hug of support to Rickie56:
flatgurl (12-19-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rickie56 For This Useful Post:
ncstategal (05-22-2011)
Old 06-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

Rickie56 HB User

please read my post. I beleive plastic surgery can help you. You will be a new woman trust me.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
(male)

derok HB User

I was born with severe pectus excavatum and it affected me my whole life. I could never go in the pool or anything with my friends because i was very conscious about it. So my parents finally decided to let me get the surgery. Before hand I thought that i would get the surgery and i would look normal. The day finally came i got the minimally invasive surgery. after the surgery my chest had a bump on it and was all messed up. i thought it would go away but now it is 2 years after and i think it is worse than before. I am even more self conscious now and i wont even go outside with a t-shirt on; i have to always have to wear more.

The following user gives a hug of support to derok:
flatgurl (12-19-2011)
Closed Thread