It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User
anyone ever had tetanus?

That is what I think I have, and there is no place for it here since nearly no one gets it since we should be vaccinated for it. I was, but it ran out, I didn’t know you should worry about it after 5 years, that it may not last a full 10 years. And slowly wears out. I made a post about it here. Everything I am going through. [URL]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=498061[/url] ..

I’m just looking for others that had it and beat it.

Last edited by miyu; 05-13-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: anyone ever had tetanus?

I nursed a patient with tetanus once as a trainee nurse long ago. You do not have tetanus. If you were in such a severe spasm that only your heels and head touched the bed - if this happened EVERY time someone rattled or spoke loudly or banged a door - if you were running a temp of over 102 deg - that is tetanus (untreated), You sound as if you have an infection of some severe sort tho. have they looked into your ear, there are soome nasty parasites that can crawl in there in Central and South America. Hope you get better soon, sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

Wow, thanks for the post, maybe I did have a parasite or something, but I don’t know, it did get really bad I was considering going to the hospital at times, I don’t know what a temp of 102 is, but my temp was 38. Then it went down to 36 and I was fine. I did start to get muscle spasms only in my upper body, but I was on a lot of antibiotics too. My neck spasmed so bad I couldn’t even swallow, jaw locked and I couldn’t chew. So I wasn’t eating. But I refused to go to the hospital; I would rather die than go there. Well no, I would only go if I wasn’t being treated at all. But I believed that my medicine would eventually work. It’s funny, because the worse spasms in my jaw and neck always seemed to be from noise. Just like you described. That is so strange I wonder why that is.

But whatever it was, I beat it. ^_^ only thought it might be tetanus because of the jaw lock and how my body was covered in scabs from, scratches and sun burns. And I didn’t have a tetanus shot up to date. I wish I knew more about the medical industry, I would like to know what kind of parasite I had. O_o what I had… it was a very nasty experience and no one around me “caught it” but I’m glad its over. It only took 3 different types of antibiotics. I would list them but I don’t think anyone needs to know. Could be a badass superbug with body piercings and tattoos. Because I know I defiantly took a lot of antibiotics to cure it.

Last edited by miyu; 05-19-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
(female)

gjet68 HB User

I realize this post is an older one but wanted to say I had a brother that died from tetanus and it was horrible.

Closed Thread