It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
(female)

dbrogan HB User
Question 2 1/2 year old daughter recently diagnosed with PFAPA.

Hello,

I am in the Cincinnati, OH area and have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed with PFAPA. Our rheumatologist just prescribed Cimetidine and she will take 1 tsp twice daily. The first time we gave her the medicine, she gagged and refused to take anymore. My husband tasted the medicine and said it tasted horrible. We called the pharmacy and asked them to flavor it, which they did. Last night, we tried giving it to her again. Even with the flavoring, she refused to take it and we had to force it into her. She ended up gagging more and spitting some out. I really don't want this to be a battle every time. Any advice on how you get your child to take the medicine?

Thank you!

Old 02-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
(female)

sgi77 HB User
Re: 2 1/2 year old daughter recently diagnosed with PFAPA.

My son 3 1/2 was diagnosed with FMF (familial mediterranean fever), he was prescribed colchicine daily, it tastes awfully and i put it in a small piece of fresh bread, after a month of daily consumption he refused it anyway, all my family was stressed because of this everyday tension, then i started putting the tablet in the first spoon of his milky porridge, he takes it not having a doubt, otherwise its really depressing to take a drug every single day lifelong. After few days he agreed to swallow it as it is. When i force him to do something it never works; Try it this way

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread