It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
(male)

j6860 HB User
Question what is this condition I have?

I have what seems to be an inability in my muscles/joints to recover from normal use. I have chronic problems with my feet, back, hands, shoulders, knees, and eyes.

Feet: I can't be on them very long or I start having severe pain that feels like I am walking on broken bones and it takes weeks for them to heal even if I stay off my feet for weeks. They never heal to the point where I can walk or stand for extended periods like a normal person.

Back: I can't sit on hard seats. I always have to carry an inflatable orthopedic cusion with me when I go out, and even then I have problems. Sometimes my back gets so bad I can hardly walk. Driving seems to really aggravate the back pain.

Hands: I developed carpal tunnel very quickly many years ago and get flare-ups very easily even though I dont use the computer much.

Shoulders and knees: Frequent pain brought on by what seems like a normal person's level of activity. Walking, driving, and exercise cause problems.

Eyes: Not vision, but pain in surrounding muscles. I can't watch TV, look at a computer screen, or read a book for very long without sharp, stabbing pains and headaches. No matter how much I rest my eyes, they never heal to the point where I can watch TV or read for extended periods like a normal person.

The pattern here: muscles/joints/etc that get hurt easily with normal use, are slow to heal, and never heal to the point of being able to live like a normal person. Doctors havent found the cause and they think Im crazy or lazy or something. They don't try very hard to help me. Anyone know what this could be? An autoimmune condition? A nutrient deficiency? Endocrine problem? Any suggestions? Thanks.

In case these provide any further clues, I also have chronic acid reflux, skin allergies to metal and I get tired a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

saltibus234 HB User
Re: what is this condition I have?

Wow! I will add you to my prayers. It's incredible what you've been dealing with and I hope someone on this forum has some information that will help you.
"There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise ..." -- Proverbs 21:20

Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
(female)

gaudet2 HB User
Re: what is this condition I have?

Have you ever been to a rheumatologist? I have Fibromyalgia and it sounds like you have a lot of the symptoms. If you don't have some severe case of arthritis, I wouldn't be surprised if you have Fibromyalgia. Come on over to our board and check it out, you will find some amazing people who may be able to help you.

gaudet2

Closed Thread