It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

kat314 HB User
Question Neurocardiogenic Syncope symptoms going away and then all of a sudden coming back?

I am so happy that I found this message board! I was diagnosed with neurocardiogenic syncope when I was 20 years old. I was put on a drug called Norpace and it really seemed to help my symptoms. I was taken off the medication when my husband and I decided to start trying to have children (when I was 25). The doctor warned me that the problem would probably get worse during pregnancy. He said morning sickness would really compound the problem. I really didn't see any of that at all. I had very easy pregnancies and not a lot of morning sickness. The only problem I did have was when I was in labor with my second son and they put in the epidural. They couldn't find my blood pressure and I passed out and vomited on the table, but I kind of chalked that up to nerves and the fact that I had already been in labor for 20 some odd hours I had my first son when I was 27, my second son when I was 29 and I haven't had a single problem...until now. I am 31 and all of a sudden the fainting spells, the nausea, the hot sweats, the blacking out...it has all come back and with a vengeance! I am having episodes almost every day. I am absolutely exhausted all day long (I know that probably also has to do with taking constant care of a 2 year old and a 1 year old as well )

Has anyone else dealt with the symptoms going away and then all of a sudden coming back? I am not on the medication because I have been almost 9 years without symptoms. My concern with going back on the medication is that we are wanting to try for our third child within a few months...I don't want to get on the medication and than right back off again. Anyone out there had symptoms come and go? Or had any complications with pregnancy/labor/post partum?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
(male)

fireman0629 HB User
Re: Neurocardiogenic Syncope symptoms going away and then all of a sudden coming back

Yes! I was doing fine for about 4 years then it has come back. It seems to be harder now then the first time. I am having trubble finding info about this.

Closed Thread