It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

3caillesmom HB User
Cold induced hives

I tried the allergy board and I didn't have any success there so I thought I'd share here. For the past 5 days I have been experiencing cold induced hives. The onset was sudden. Once outside my face breaks out in welts and hives and my body feels very itchy. My face is on fire.
I am very scared and feel somewhat stuck indoors. I went to the doctor on tuesday and she prescribed Claritin and prednisone. Neither have had any effect whatsoever. I need to wait 3 LONG weeks for an appt with an allergist. If I knew that the hives would just stop there I wouldn't be so worried but I do I know that I won't have an allergic shock. I have 3 young children (2,4 and 6 yrs old) so it's not easy.
I should also add that I am treated for hypothyroidism. I am 38. ANYthoughts or advice would truly be appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread