It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Can you have mastocytosis without the skin lesions?

Hi all! I have been fighting chronic hives for years and have been treated with antihistamines, antidepressants, prednisone, and I've been allergy tested as well, showing a lot of allergies. Even on a good day when I watch what I eat, watch what I put on my body, have low stress, and am careful all around, I still get chronic hives. They do fade, only to reappear later. My question is: Can you have mastocytosis without permanent lesions, and if you have chronic hives is this considered mastocytosis? I really don't know a thing about the disease and would appreciate it if anyone can give me some info about mastocytosis. Thanks so much! Hopeto--

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
(female)

gig HB User
Re: Can you have mastocytosis without the skin lesions?

Yes you can have mastocytosis without the permanent skin lesions(its harder to diagnose!).Also,chronic hives can be a part of mastocytosis,but alone it doesnt qualify as being mastocytosis.You can have hives without it being mastocytosis.So,more careful diagnosing is required to know whats going on.

Last edited by gig; 08-07-2008 at 03:04 AM. Reason: add more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread