It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User
My husband and I want your opinion

We are writing this out together. We had a flood in our basement last night. Tomorrow, the insurance adjuster is coming. We are covered for certain things that caused the flood and not others. Our flood was covered by a combination of things. I have to work the day the flood adjuster comes. My husband asked me if he should be here. I was hesitant (and actually didn't want him to handle things) because of basically two reasons. (1) I was in a mental health ward apx 2 years ago and didn't want him to tell my supv; however he was intimidated by my supv and told her. (He didn't tell me until AFTER my supv let me know he told and I was suspended for days until a mental health doctor said I was ok to come back and (2) once when there was legal issues between him and his Xwife, I told him what to say to help his position and despite the fact that we went over it, he said the thing that HARMED his position. After that, *I* decided just let her have everything, because I didn't want a court battle. Now it is today. We had a flood and the insurance will pay for certain things and not others. It is costing in the neighorbood of $7,000.00. To be honest, it is a combination of things that were covered and things not covered. I am afraid to leave him with the insurance adjuster because of him bringing up reasons for the flood that were not covered. (I am basing this on past experience.) He is annoyed at me for not trusting him. It is only past experience that makes me worry. We have been arguing ALL night. Please give your opinion for him and I to read.

Ok - this is the husband. (1) The night before she was in the mental health ward, she overtook some meds and left a note. I had to call 9-1-1 and they took her against her will. The next morning, her supervisor called and I was at a loss for words, but just said that she was "in the hospital." When her supervisor asked if she could visit though, after going through all that and being up all night, I couldn't think of any way to stall her, so I admitted she was in the mental health ward.

(2) As far as the legal proceedings with the ex goes, I had just had a wisdom tooth taken out the day before and had taken a percocet 10 minutes before when my wife (she was my fiance at that time) called me at work talking a mile a minute telling me what she wanted me to say. The percocet was in full-swing and I had problems understanding what she was trying to say. Then, when we were conferenced on with the lawyer, I muddled the whole conversation up.

A bit about me. I'm a retired Master Sergeant in the Air National Guard. I work as a supervisor in a major telecom company. I most emphatically did NOT get where I am today by constantly shooting myself in the foot. I believe all of us have issues in the past where we could have handled a situation better, and I feel guilt about outing my wife to her supervisor, but I know I could have handled something as innocuous as an insurance adjustor for cryin' out loud.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
(male)

coolied HB User
Re: My husband and I want your opinion

Not to be rude, but it sounds like you are untrusting of your husband's judgement because he tends to tell the truth? It sounds like you are basically trying to have someone tell you it's okay to commit insurance fraud. You need to explain to the insurance adjuster exactly what happened, otherwise it is just that, insurance fraud. I am not sure how this is a health-related question anyways? Certainly not a rare disorder.........

Closed Thread