It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
(female)

gig HB User
anaphylaxis with mastocytosis

I have learned that you dont have to have breathing problems during anaphylaxis caused by mastocytosis.Do you have to pass out? If not, what are the symptoms that tell you its anaphylaxis? Also,have any of you noticed that when you are flushing you get sedated?Do any of you feel fine ever or do you feel sick all the time?I feel sick all the time- have had a headache since 97 and other symptoms.Its not easy to cope with that.And as most of you know, doctors are useless.

Last edited by gig; 08-07-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
(female)

gracie1402 HB User
Re: anaphylaxis with mastocytosis

I just got home from the ER around 2:00am this morning. I had an anaphylaxis reaction to a wasp sting- crazy never has happened before...
The signs that it is an anaphylaxis reaction is: a previous allergy to shellfish, peanuts, insect bites or stings.
*shortness of breath, hives, or closing of throat.

~Gracie

Last edited by moderator2; 10-28-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
(female)

Ahukini HB User
Re: anaphylaxis with mastocytosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gig View Post
I have learned that you dont have to have breathing problems during anaphylaxis caused by mastocytosis.Do you have to pass out? If not, what are the symptoms that tell you its anaphylaxis? Also,have any of you noticed that when you are flushing you get sedated?Do any of you feel fine ever or do you feel sick all the time?I feel sick all the time- have had a headache since 97 and other symptoms.Its not easy to cope with that.And as most of you know, doctors are useless.

Hello,
I have had anaphylaxis attacks since 2007. Just out of the blue one day I experienced severe flushing, sudden drop in blood pressure (passing out). I had two bone marrow biopsies and a high level tryptaste reading. I have never been allergic to anything in my life and suddenly I seem to have anaphylactic attacks evertime I breathe. I am taking Zyrtec, Gleevec and Hyddroxyzine. But it just doesn't seem to be working to me. I've taken Gastrocrom and Doxipen in the past but I can't seem to stop having anaphylactic attacks. Do you have any suggestions?

Closed Thread