It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 03:33 AM   #1
(male)

oliver1624 HB User
Red Ears.

Hey, My name is Oliver, im only new to this web site, i am 13 and i have had red ears since as long as i can remember, i've tried many things, sitting in shorts and a t-shirt in the snow. putting an ear on a marble table, that cold muscle spray, ice on either of them, cold water. it seems like everything! my dad had it when he was my age and he still does, he is now 50 and he gets red ears but doesn't annoy him as much any more.

my ears get red when i chew alot, sometimes eat, if i am going to sleep my ear will get red from the pillow. even when i have my hair cut i tell the hair dresser to not touch my ears!!! it doesn't help becasue i have big ears, and thats why i thought it was only dad and i becasue of our ears.

i was bullied at young years becasue i would lick my right index finger and spread my saliva around my ear for coolness when i was at school. i still do that and still try many creams and things. i have asked many of my GP's, and they all answer "never heard of it" or "that just happens" it really annoys me!

So if anyone has a way to stop it all cool them down, please tell me because i am and many other people are very annoyed and angry!!

Thank-you for your time to read this.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Red Ears.

Maybe a cool wrap? They look like regular bandanas but you soak them in water and they stay cold.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
(male)

oliver1624 HB User

Thanks for the tip, ill try it soon.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
(female)

Printerjam HB User

My son, who is now almost 16, also gets red ears that are very hot. He has done who you do -- wet them down however possible to cool them off. We've never been able to figure out exactly what caused it but suspect it to be a food allergy/intolerance likely to milk and milk products. As he's gotten older, it is much better now and rarely happens to him. Good luck!
Janet

Old 09-02-2008, 03:10 AM   #5
(male)

oliver1624 HB User

It is amazing how much people have in common, thanks for the post. i will inform you if i have found a solution.

Cheers Oliver.

Closed Thread