It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
(male)

deafjohn HB User
what happen if left untreated for numb fingers ?

what happen if left untreated for numb fingers ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
(female)

nopearce HB User
Re: what happen if left untreated for numb fingers ?

Numb fingers could mean a lot of things like a pinched nerve in your neck or an autoimmune disorder that affects the your nerves. My niece has an autoimmune disorder that was slowly attacking her nerves. She started out with numb fingers, then numb toes, and then got much worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
(female)

GINGERGIRL99 HB User

sorry to intrude,but what type of autoimmune disorder did your neice have? what were her other symptoms,if you don't mind sharing? thanks. hope she is doing better now with diagnosis.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Well ...it depends on why they are numb, how long have they been numb and what does the doctor say needs to be done?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
(female)

nopearce HB User

I don't remember the name, but it all started with a virus. Her fingers started to get numb and then her toes. Later, she was having trouble with fine motor skills. She was also very fatigued and would sometimes have spells where she would vomit a lot. All of her doctors thought she was mental (all in her head), but she found a doctor that ran tests until he discovered this autoimmune problem. She has a port that the doctors put medicine into (not sure what kind) every few weeks that seems to help. She will improve some, but never be normal. She has good days and bad. I'll call her and find out the exact name and let you know.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
(female)

GINGERGIRL99 HB User

thanks nopearce, that would be great. really appreciate the info.

Closed Thread