It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
(female)

when01 HB User
Unknown Issue

Dear anybody that can help! I am so sorry to send you this long letter, but I am on the search for answers that is so hard to find. My mother has a problem that I think needs some medical attention. We have been to the Doctor about this issue time and time again only to have a label of OCD behavior, or Metal Illness. My mother's issues is that she has an odorless smell
that causes other people around her to cough, sniff, and choke even
become very ill. If sitting next to her for to long period of time it
makes you very ill. We have notice the smell is like a virus attacking
the other person's immunes system. I stuff from some chorine illness because every time I am in her presents I get core sores, pink eye, and my stomach gets a sharp pain, I get a runny nose, my brother and his wife said they eyes feel like they are inflamed. My husband runs to the bathroom with diarrhea, and his heart race really fast, both my sons must be treated for ear infections every time leaving her presents, they to get diarrhea, staph infections, and many other issue to say the less. Because so many people are becoming sick around her she wanting to go into isolation to eliminate outside contact. Grandmother die (September 3, 2008) of Cancer we were thinking maybe she would have
recover had she not spent so much time the week before with my mother.
However could this be some type of cancer? Although she seems pretty
healthy she thinks it the herpes virus, but I say it more that met the eye.

I find it insulting that Doctor from the University of Kansas (what I
consider to be one of the leading Research hospitals in the country)
down play her problem. One doctor suggested that it is mental problems,
but make no mistake about it I know my mother has no psychological
problems. She is a very strong and educated lady, retired for IRS
giving 32 years of service.
I am su
It's not a hygienic issue; and I can tell you, she is very hygenic. She brushes her teeth, shower, and wash her hair. Her feet smells fine, breath smells fine, I'm very tired and I am angry because Ihave worked hard for my mom looking for cause or help and get no where.

Fragrances spray (We have eliminated all Fragrances). People who sit behind
her usually leave the room immediately as possible due to they can't
breathe, or they have a coughing fit. What kind of odor problem can affect others breathing, and their healthy?

At one point my mother visited KU hospital and she asks to be contained
due to the issue, but again was told she is crazy. They stated "There is
no way that your body odor can cause others illness." When there has been no other report of metal illness how can they get away with saying this. One doctor called me and asked me a few questions said she will get back to me and never did. The doctors just don't have the answers so who can I call to request for help.

WHAT COULD THIS BE? Who do I need to contact for help? Do you think I can call National Security or Infectious disease? What do you think they would say if I
told them she is causing others to be ill? WE JUST WANT HELP!! Could
it be the foods she is eating causing the issue or is toxicities playing
a role in her issue? We thought even her house, but we have eliminated
and rule these out. People are affected outside of the home. Could it
be a homone, thyrod or diabetes undiagnosed problem?

Any help is needed. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2008, 04:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User
Re: Unknown Issue

it sounds like you and your family have the problem thinking that it is your mother with the problem. could it be someone else if her smell is odorless then why is it her?

Last edited by kilgore52; 12-29-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
(female)

precious49 HB User

when01,
There are so many stange illnesses. So don't give up--keep searching for a Dr. that truly cares to investigate. I've had a chronic illness since 1980 that still has no diagnosis but now have a Dr. that cares so I will figure it out. And I've been to alot of Drs. that thought it was in my mind--well, it's not so keep looking for the answer. precious49
God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Old 12-30-2008, 05:07 AM   #4
(female)

Monkey7935 HB User

Perhaps something as simple as a laundry detergent, or as serious as rare blood diseases and if she goes out and about with a surpressed immune system she will pass on whatever illness germ she picked up from her errands. Consider sterilizing the house head to toe, get rid of clothes and buy new to see if its air borne?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
(female)

when01 HB User

Onces we can get a name to this issue, she is prepared to move and get rid of all clothes. I will look into Rare blood diseases, but I will not stop looking until I she can get better. Thanks for all ideal! We are about to take her to a homeopathy, but I still wanted a name for the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey7935 View Post
Perhaps something as simple as a laundry detergent, or as serious as rare blood diseases and if she goes out and about with a surpressed immune system she will pass on whatever illness germ she picked up from her errands. Consider sterilizing the house head to toe, get rid of clothes and buy new to see if its air borne?

Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User

explain why you say the odorLESS smell is like a virus attacking another persons immune system? How do you smell something tht doesn't have an odor. Sorry, just asking.Do the doctrs smell anything and do they get sick when in the room with her? Does she get sick herself and is she obsessed with thinking that something is wrong with her? Is she trying to constantly clean herself for fear she is contagious? Is she possibly using clorox to wash herself? Is there really a smell and does it smell like a chemical? Why is she considered mental or ocd?

Old 12-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
(female)

when01 HB User

No don't think that is it, but thanks for your reply. I am going to keep trying. I will keep you posted after visiting the homeopathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgore52 View Post
it sounds like you and your family have the problem thinking that it is your mother with the problem. could it be someone else if her smell is odorless then why is it her?

Old 12-31-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
(female)

when01 HB User

I mean that when or after being around her its like we get a stomach virus that only last 2 days, then we are ok. Because this thing is so crazy I don't really know how to explain it in a way that maybe you can understand it better! There is no smell!! But when your around her we get sick! I am not crazy myself, but I was just thinking maybe someone could tells me what type of test to run to look for something out of bal.
No she don't wash with clorox! The only reason I can think they say mental illness is because she thinks she have this issue, but little do they know she is really having the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgore52 View Post
explain why you say the odorLESS smell is like a virus attacking another persons immune system? How do you smell something tht doesn't have an odor. Sorry, just asking.Do the doctrs smell anything and do they get sick when in the room with her? Does she get sick herself and is she obsessed with thinking that something is wrong with her? Is she trying to constantly clean herself for fear she is contagious? Is she possibly using clorox to wash herself? Is there really a smell and does it smell like a chemical? Why is she considered mental or ocd?

Old 12-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
(female)

Monkey7935 HB User

You ever watch those medical shows? Anyhow I just watched one, where the aunt was poisoning her niece to keep her sick through the cooking. It really can be something air borne, or poison (even poison unintentionally like how she is cleaning, if cleaning done improper it can leave resadue, and that can get a person ill)

Old 01-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User

When01, What I am asking you is when she is with other people like her doctor etc. Do they get symptoms too? They should have these symptoms also if what you say is true.

Last edited by kilgore52; 01-02-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
(male)

PSM HB User

Does your Mom have any pets? I know that pet dander can manifest certain of the symptoms you've mentioned. If She does have pets, perhaps their dander is on her clothes, in her hair, or on her skin. I am allergic to dog dander, and whenever my sister-in-law (who owns quite a few dogs and cats) visits, I find that I'm sneezing, short of breath, with runny eyes and nose. Just a thought.

Also, you may want to consult with some type of naturopathic or complementary physician. They often are able to diagnose issues that tradition western-medicine trained doctors fail to identify or give credence to.

Closed Thread