It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #1
(female)

Jinxedsheep HB User
Odd coloring, great pain, help PLEASE

I fell a week ago landing on my left hand bending it so that the palm was touching the underside of my arm. I went to the ER because of TONS of pain, swelling, and redness. They said it wasn't broken (after an X-ray) and I was put in a brace. The next day I notice I lost all feeling in my thumb, pointer, and middle finger on my left side. I went back and they said I was over reacting and did a CT to prove it wasn't broken. It's been a full week now and I still can't feel those fingers or thumb. I can move them, just not feel them AT ALL. Most of the swelling has gone away as has the bruising. However, yesterday I noticed these deep red streaks going up my arm starting at where I hurt my wrist. I'm still in TONS of pain to the point where I can't really do anything. Is there a point in going back in or are they right in saying I'm just over reacting?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Odd coloring, great pain, help PLEASE

I would call your family doctor or go to a different hospital immediately.

What you have sounds very serious to me - if you let that numbness continue the nerve damage will become permanent. I don't know what the red streaks are but I do know, whatever they are, they're not good.

I'm sorry you've had to go through all of this, good luck, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
(female)

mysixpack HB User
Re: Odd coloring, great pain, help PLEASE

I've had them tell me that if they didn't see a break it didn't mean there wasn't one. They said sometimes it could be in a strange angle-that they just can't see.
I would go to a different hospital-you know your body-make them listen! You would hate to have permanent damage.
Best of luck!

Closed Thread