It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

rozo47 HB User
Blurred Vision, Lightheadiness, loss of hearing, sweating loads, heart racing

Blurred Vision, Lightheadiness, loss of hearing, sweating loads, heart racing feel as if you are goin a pass out. These sudden attacks feel as if they last 4 eva but they only happen when there are bright lights these attacks come and go Wot is wrong with me? Can u please give me at least a name of wot u think it is I really dont want 2 go 2 the doctors and them tell me i am wasting there time

<Edited: email address is not allowed. Use PM>

Thanx
xoxo

Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Blurred Vision, Lightheadiness, loss of hearing, sweating loads, heart racing

Could be any number of things. What do you mean by bright lights? Are the attacks triggered by bright lights? What did your docs rule out, if anything?

Panic Attacks, Hyperthyroidism, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome or some other type of dysautonomia, Photosensitive Epilepsy, cardiovascular disorders and I'm sure I'm missing a ton of others . . .

I know how frustrating (and expense!) it can be trying to find a doctor who will take you seriously. I have dysautonomia and have had "fainting spells" since kindergarten, I was 30 before I found a doctor conscientious enough to actually check for a disorder instead of rolling his eyes and telling me I was "just anxious and dehydrated". I urge you to try again with another doctor, all of these disorders can be successfully treated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Blurred Vision, Lightheadiness, loss of hearing, sweating loads, heart racing

I would also like to add two more possibilities...

medication side effects

one or more blood borne bacterial infections (lyme disease and its' coinfections). Based on the posts coming out of the UK, I suspect there are many, many people there who are going undiagnosed...lyme and its coinfections are not rare, but often epidemic. Apparently the "rare" part is knowledgable doctors who are willing to keep abreast what promises to be a growing health problem.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-02-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
(female)

seekfind HB User

I agree with the Lyme disease or other tick-borne disease idea. I have similar symptoms which get worse with bright light...I have Lyme.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Bless you, seekfind! I find others more receptive to info shared if more than one poster is suggesting it, especially one with first hand experience.

I hope and pray you are well, or on your way to good health.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-08-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
(female)

seekfind HB User

I have dysautonomia, too. What is the cause of yours? Mine is from Lyme Disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieLeela View Post
I have dysautonomia and have had "fainting spells" since kindergarten, I was 30 before I found a doctor conscientious enough to actually check for a disorder instead of rolling his eyes and telling me I was "just anxious and dehydrated". I urge you to try again with another doctor, all of these disorders can be successfully treated.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
(female)

lolcheese HB User

This is probably anxiety...panic attacks are common to be diagnosed in ER's! Drink more water.

Closed Thread