It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

Imissmyhorsegus HB User
Question Rare benign skull mass?

my nurolagist read a report and saw my brain and skull mri based on a somewhat abnormal ct scan on mri films done 2/3/09 of my brain and skull it showed (according to my nuro) a skull mass she called the radiolagist who confirmed this. i was hospitalized with seizures late january and they also did a mri at that time same results. 5 mothns ago mri of of brain and skull normal! now they want more tests in 3 monhs to see if the mass has grown cancer wwas not mentioned thank god but ive never heard of growing non cancer masses i hope non cancer masses are no biggie on the skull ive had multiple mri,s shold i have more to settle this once and for all?

Old 02-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Rare begnign skull mass?

Seeing you're from NJ, and given your "name" I'm assuming you love animals and are surrounded by them (me, too!) I'll mention this...some masses seen in MRI's are white these white masses have been seen in the brains of people with Lyme Disease.

I have no idea what your other symptoms are, and am only suggesting this as something to learn more about given you live in a high risk state and you're a critter lover.

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
(female)

Imissmyhorsegus HB User

hmmm i own a horse rosie and a cat tangerine ive been having seizures and severe headaches. i will keep your idea in mindvery helpful

Last edited by Imissmyhorsegus; 02-08-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: thankinking

Old 02-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Seizures and headaches are just two of the symptoms of Lyme disease...but of course many other conditions can cause these symptoms as well.

I'm envious that you have a cat and a horse as well.

Best of luck and health to you and your critters!

Bethsheba

Old 02-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
(female)

Imissmyhorsegus HB User
Smile Re: Rare begnign skull mass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsheba View Post
Seizures and headaches are just two of the symptoms of Lyme disease...but of course many other conditions can cause these symptoms as well.

I'm envious that you have a cat and a horse as well.

Best of luck and health to you and your critters!

Bethsheba
thanks beth sheba yes in the darkest of times my horse and kitty bring me joy I will ask about being tested for lymes i would have never thought of that best of luck and good health to you as well

Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imissmyhorsegus View Post
thanks beth sheba yes in the darkest of times my horse and kitty bring me joy
Yes, I understand. I have wonderful friends who have been and can be very supportive...but it's very different than the responsiveness and sensitivity my critters share with me.

Quote:
I will ask about being tested for lymes i would have never thought of that best of luck and good health to you as well
Many Lymies suggest seeing a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor as others are not well versed and are not aware that the Elisa test is not recommended.

I'm not suggesting you have Lyme, but if your doctors rule everything out and do not have clear cut answers, I would definitely follow up with ruling out Lyme!!

Take care, and keep us posted. You will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Bethsheba

Old 02-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
(female)

Imissmyhorsegus HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsheba View Post
Yes, I understand. I have wonderful friends who have been and can be very supportive...but it's very different than the responsiveness and sensitivity my critters share with me.

Many Lymies suggest seeing a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor as others are not well versed and are not aware that the Elisa test is not recommended.

I'm not suggesting you have Lyme, but if your doctors rule everything out and do not have clear cut answers, I would definitely follow up with ruling out Lyme!!

Take care, and keep us posted. You will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Bethsheba

thank you and god bless you for your kind advice and support i will keep u updated

Closed Thread