It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
(female)

waneeta29 HB User
swollen goiter

My husband has been diagnosed with a tiny swell in the thyroid gland, it has no pain or symptoms, in fact we would not have know, but his sister developed thyroid cancer recently which got him paying attn. to his throat. Any way he has been on thyroid medication for six months now, it seems to have become smaller, and we want to know if it will shrink back? And are there chances of recurrence and is there a way to avoid it. He has been taking good care of himself now, no alcohol, no late nights daily exercise better diet. Please help me put my worry to rest

<<<please read the posting rules -- do not post contact information>>>

Old 02-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #2
(female)

wweangelica HB User
Re: swollen goiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waneeta29 View Post
My husband has been diagnosed with a tiny swell in the thyroid gland, it has no pain or symptoms, in fact we would not have know, but his sister developed thyroid cancer recently which got him paying attn. to his throat. Any way he has been on thyroid medication for six months now, it seems to have become smaller, and we want to know if it will shrink back? And are there chances of recurrence and is there a way to avoid it. He has been taking good care of himself now, no alcohol, no late nights daily exercise better diet. Please help me put my worry to rest

<<<please read the posting rules -- do not post contact information>>>
hiya just wondering what sort of medication he was on, my partner has a goitre and was that his whole thyroid has to be removed even thoe the function is normal. He doesn't want the surgery so is looking at other options.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread