It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
(male)

matt8478 HB User
High LDH, recurring fever and enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes - PLEASE HELP

My daughter in 5 years old. She was fine until Dec 2008 when she had the first episode of fever. We gave her Paracetomol(tylenol) and she was okay. Then the fever came back after 21 days. Since then she has been having fever every 15 to 20 days. This has been going on from Dec 2008. She was admitted in the hospital 3 times. After then every time she gets fever we give her Paracetomol(5ml of Crocin 125mg or P250) and the fever goes down after 3 to 4 days. She had fever 15 days ago also. She also complains of abdominal pain around the naval which lasts for half an hour. We did an ultrasound and CT scan of her abdomen and the doctors mentioned that she has multiple mesenteric lymph nodes. The first ultrasound mentioned Parailiac and mesenteric lymphnodes. The second ultrasound mentions that the parailiac nodes are not there and the mesenteric nodes are still present. The CT scan also mentions the same. We just completed the third ultrasound which shows that the lymph nodes are 1.9cm, 1.7cm, 1.5 cm and 1.4 am.

We did a bone marrow test in March 2009 and it was thankfully negative.

We just did a biopsy in May 2009, and it says"Non-specific hyper placia". During the laproscopy, they only found nodes 5mm by 5mm and hence did a biopsy on that. They did not see the 1.9cm node. Is that okay

The LDH level in May 2009 was 649 while the lab range in 460. Also, in the LFT, alkaline phosphatase is 172 while the lab max is 140.

We did another ultrasound of the abdomen after 3 months in Sept 2009, and the lymph nodes are still the same. The LDH after 3 months is 662. I'm am struggling for answers. One pediateric infectious disease doctors says it could be periodic fever syndrome. We have been experiencing this for 9 months now as very very concerned. Any help and advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
(male)

matt8478 HB User
Re: High LDH, recurring fever and enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes - PLEASE HELP

Any insight please. Could this be one of the periodic fevers?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

jho HB User

Hi Matt, I read your post and I have a 6 year old son with the exact same story. I realized yours goes back to 2008-2009. Mine started in 2010 and its now 2011 and I'm still running from doctor to doctor. I was hoping since its 2 years later, that you got your daignosis and could maybe help me out here. I would really appreciate that. JUDITH

Old 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
(male)

matt8478 HB User

Hi Judith,

Please sorry for the delayed response. There was no diagnosis, but we think that it could be a weak immune system. So we tried to build on the immune system by giving healthy foods and seems to be working. if you could share more information on the tests done, etc I'll try to provide my two cents.

Matt

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 02-25-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Please do not post, or request contact information, such as email address, phone or name.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
(male)

PapaBones HB User

Hi Matt and Jho,

I hope your kids are better. My son who is now just 2 years old is also experiencing the same fever episodes. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now. He is administered antibiotics and is being given dosage appropriate for his weight, however, he is still having recurring fever. We had a test for primary complex, he tested negative. Doctors are saying that this is troubling because on the last day of his antibiotics he still had a fever of 38, and now his lymph nodes are enlarged. Nate, my son, is now schedule for a hematologist and oncologist check up on Monday. Right now its Friday here in the Philippines. I am really very worried, any info, suggestions, tips or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you in advanced.

Closed Thread