It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
(female)

carol28 HB User
Deletion long arm of chromosome 3 b/w q24-q25.32, does anyone know long term effects?

I have a 3 and a half year old daughter who has recently been diagnosed with a deletion of approx 9.533Mb of material from the long arm of chromosome 3. The deleted region is from bands q24 to q25.32.
They can't say what this causes exactly, but she has been diagnosed with global developmental delay with no speech and language as yet and delayed gross and fine motor skills.
Does anyone have any further info on this particular deletion and what the long term effects are, like is the developmental delay permanent?

Last edited by carol28; 04-13-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Incorrect title

Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
(female)

sweetpeasmom HB User
Re: Deletion long arm of chromosome 3 b/w q24-q25.32, does anyone know long term effe

Interestingly my daughter has deletion of chromosome 1 q25 q25 with similar presentation as yours, global developmental delay. she is only 19 mos now though. Did you learn any more since your post?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
(male)

newsundera HB User
Re: Deletion long arm of chromosome 3 b/w q24-q25.32, does anyone know long term effe

hi, my 2 and a half year ld daughter has just been diagnosed with deletion im 3q 24 -25.2 which is very similar to your diagnosis, i know your post was a long time ago but i hope you receive this message as i would really like to speak to you and perhaps share some info

there isnt much support online due to rareity of condition so speaking to people who have experience would be so useful for me

my daughter has development delays, she has just started to walk although she does not always walk, most of the time she will move around on her knees but she is slowly becoming more confident on her feet, she has coordination problems aswel as issues with balance and gets scared very easily , her speech is very limited to a few words , she is unable to put words in to sentences at the moment but is showing signs of improvement

her ability to understand and comprehend does not seem to be affected too much as she is a very bright girl who understands what she is asked or told to do however she has limited ability to communicate herself and prefers to use sign language to show what she wants,

i can imagine when she is older she will have behavioural issues, although i hope over time she will improve, she is a very picky eater and has tantrums all the time if she doesnt get her way but we are learning slowly how to deal with them and prevent them from occuring in the first place

if you do get this message, please respond as it would be great to speak to someone in a similar situation

i have searched online for hours and you are the closest match i have found to my daughter

our children are 1 in a million or even rarer, it gives me hope that they will live healthy and happy lives in years to come

thanks

Reply Reply