It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
(male)

WORRIED GRANDAD HB User
our grandson

Please help our 6month old grand-son has Craniosynostosis [sagittal synostosis] can anyone give us some advise he has just had corrective surgery........

Old 06-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: our grandson

Craniosynostosis is not that rare. Our next door neighbor's child had it and the surgery was very successful. I clearly remember her telling me that the doc said he does about 1 surgery a month for this and we are not in a big population area.

The problems arise with the cause. In this child's case, the mom had hyperthyroidism and it passed the antibodies to the baby. Mom was a bit of a health nut and wouldn't get treated for her own problems let along the baby's. Hated doctors and wanted to do everything "naturally" or by prayer. So the baby wasn't treated until 10+ months of age and yet she did okay. No ill effects from the surgery or the hyperthyroidism.

With your grandson being treated this early, that is a good sign. I bet he grows up with nothing more than a big old scar on his hairline.

I know you are scared(I have a grandson due any day, I get it)but it seems as if the doc's caught it early on and with surgery, he should be fine. Love him as much as you can.

gentle hugs grandpa.................Nana Jenny

The Following User Says Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
WORRIED GRANDAD (06-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
(male)

WORRIED GRANDAD HB User
Re: our grandson

so many thanks for your reply.
''hope all goes well with your grandchild to be''
lots of love from nana & grandad hirst & our grandsons Thomas3yrs Callum6mth
xxxx