It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
(female)

LeAnn Michelle HB User
Just found out i have Pectus

I'm 21 and i just found out i have Pectus. I obviously knew i had a deformity in my chest my whole life, in fact it looked way worse when i was little and i was embarrassed about it. When i got boobs it became less noticeable and blended in with my cleavage somewhat hehe. No doctor ever told me about it, i asked my mom and she said she thought the doctor said i was missing a rib at birth, but i was born in the country and the doctors their didn't know anything. I just started researching it recently because i have been having more discomfort than before in my chest. I have always had discomfort if someone but their arm around me or put pressure on that part of my chest, but recently it has been worse. I've never been able to run because i always felt short of breath and had pain in my side, but lately i have felt short of breath for no real reason. I don't know if it is because of smoke or if it is because i have always been super skinny and i have recently gained 15 pounds. Or if the disorder is causing an infection of my lungs? Is that even possible? I have so many questions but i do not like talking to doctors..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Just found out i have Pectus

Do you mean pectus excavatum? If so, it can be surgically corrected. I would see a thoracic orthopedic surgeon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply