It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2001, 01:25 PM   #1

ReeAnn HB User
Question Rare Disorder?? Whole body flushing, itching and burning

Hello Everyone,

I recently spoke to my primary care physican about a problem I am have been having. At first I thought it was a reaction to the anit-biotic Flaygl. But it has happened several times in the past few weeks since I have been off the flagyl. Pharmacist said with the first reoccurance was too long after the Flagyl for it to be the cause.

Here's what happens:

Normally around the same time (mid morning) I will start feeling hot. My skin everywhere will turn bright red, coming in blotchy patches. It burns and itches bad. Not a rash, more like flushing or whole body blushing. The redness disappears of its own accord in a short time (about an hour) but the burning and itching stays with me for days.

One suggestion was menopause. I doubt this is a problem since I had a complete hysterectomy almost 3 yrs ago and have been on hormone replacement every since with out any problems - until this recent trouble.

I do suffer from multiple digestive disorders including malabsorption (need to take supplemental emzymes when ever I eat even a snack). Could it possibly be caused by something in my digestive system or lack of a particular nutrient?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!!
ReeAnn

The Following User Says Thank You to ReeAnn For This Useful Post:
mssandra1977 (02-28-2012)
Old 04-18-2001, 04:53 PM   #2

nittduck99 HB User

You might want to get tested for carcinoid
snydrome ,you have some of the symptoms.It is a simple blood test that measures seretonin levels.I hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2001, 07:43 PM   #3

Dreamin4-1more HB User
Lightbulb

Hello!
First, I would suggest you see a Doctor of Neurology(spelling) and Dermatology.

This is probably totally unrelated but I have a question and then an explanation of the question for you.
Does it happen anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours after a morning shower perhaps? Also, does it ever happen in just spots like perhaps your hands when you wash dishes?

The reason I asked is because several years ago, I had very similar symptoms,full-body flushing in patches all over after showers or on my hands after washing dishes or bathing the kids.
Also had hives when I touched anything cold,and trouble breathing,when I ate or breathed, anything very cold.
I was at a loss and went to a Doctor of Neurology and Dermatology and found that for some unknown reason to them I had developed two conditions, cold urticaria and Aqua urticaria..which are both very unusual.
Basically means you are allergic to cold and to water and can be dangerous in certain situations.
Like I said, This is probably unrelated to what you have, but I figure any idea thrown out there might help someone!
Good Luck!

Old 06-11-2001, 02:07 AM   #4

SweetEmi1958 HB User
I don't know about your particular skin problem, though I do have a rare, genetic skin disease myself called Hailey-Hailey Disease. I have noticed improvement with a new nutritional product I'm on. It has a patented product in it that enhances the absorbsion. It is very good for those with stomach ailments, etc. I can give you more info if you'd like...you can email me at SweetEmi@hawaii.rr.com Good luck...*smile*

Old 07-18-2001, 04:34 PM   #5
Inactive

Karla HB User
Sounds exactly like my husbands symptoms. He was diagnosed with cirosis(sp?) by the internest he sees. His skin gets red in spots, skin iches, falls and flakes off, and he is ok for a while and then it starts over. There are medicines for it and creams. You may want to check into this.

Closed Thread